Home

Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but......

This is a discussion on Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but......

Quote:
Is anyone getting decent/close to realistic sacks from their ROLBs?
i usually only get coverage sacks with my lbers becuase by the time they get to the qb he's gotten rid of it. thanks ea sports!!!!!!!!!

(sarcasm)
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #34
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

For some reason it seems like you can get sacks much easier from the left side so I would suggest putting your best pass rushing defensive end and linebacker(in the 3-4 especially) on the left side.I edited all the teams this way.Guys like Harrison and Ware will get many more sacks this way
Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by playalistic
i've had human pass rushing at 90 and cpu pass blocking at 55 the past few days and i get around 5 sacks (the same as when i had cpu blocking much lower). i don't think changing the cpu pass blocking changes how the qb plays. i'm almost 100% positive it's using the sprint button and possibly the right stick that causes the cpu qb to "panic".

another thing is whether or not you dive at the qb or just try to hitstick him. the latter results in lame ducks and dumb passes 90% of the time. the former triggers this weird qb falling animation, but it gets you sacks.

my 2 cents is to lay off the sprint, use the right stick and then dive at the qb (even though i really hate the way it looks) if you're using the dline and want sacks.
The thing is, I have gotten 9 sacks now with my D Line without diving. I sprint and I always use the sticks. So, in my eyes, the whole sprint theory is shot down. Yo can believe what you want, so far no one has the actual truth. But this has gotten me 150% more sacks in half the games and has helped other OS'rs along with many on my friends list.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #36
Rookie

dude your whole point was that you raised the cpu blocking to 5. mines is at 55 (ELEVEN times what you have) and the cpu does what you're saying he doesn't do. in my eyes this theory is shot down.

as far as the sprint, if he hold it down at the start of the play the qb panics. I've seen it with my own eyes every time and there's another long thread on here saying the same thing. sprint is fine once you've gotten past the lineman (that's what i meant by laying off sprint) because you're basically right there and the qb doesn't have much of a chance to get rid of it unless he's already in a throwing motion.

i wasn't trying to crap on your thread dude. regardless of the solution this is a stupid problem that shouldn't exist.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I wasn't trying to stir up an argument. I was just stating the whole Sprint theory is wrong in my eyes.

I played on All Pro for 2 games and got one sack, then I started using g2thecore's sliders because I had 600 rushing yards in two games. In the next 6 games I had 5 sacks. Thats okay, but with the defensive line I have starting, I should really be getting a lot more. So after I made the tweak I got 9 sacks in 4 games. Thats exactly where I should be in my opinion. Thats 2 sacks a game plus one. I mean, with this I would have around 40 sacks by seasons end, which would pit me in the top 10 teams in my franchise. I feel I should be there too. I have an 85, 85, 84, and 99 starting on my defensive line. Thats crazy in this years game. So I should be dominating the bad O lines while getting some pressure on the better ones.

Another reason I feel the whole sprint theory is wrong is because I sprint from plays start to end. I still get sacks too without diving. On All Pro I have to dive to get a sack, and I am still lucky if I get one doing that. In my online franchise that happens to be on All Pro, the only time I get sacks are when its a coverage sack or it is a diving sack. That should not be the case. It should be that Haynesworth took two blockers, while Orakpo and Carter came shooting around the edges easily with their high block shedding. Thats what is happening with my tweak.

Like I said, I am not the correct one here, but neither are you. No one is correct when it comes to the sack problem. But as of now, me and many others have noticed nice boosts in our sack stats with this tweak. To me thats good. When I played my first game with this tweak I got 5 sacks. When I tried the sprint theory, I got 0 sacks in two games. Now you may get sacks with it, but I do not. Thats why I feel the way I do about the theory also.

I hope you see where I am coming from and do decide to give these a shot because I really want to see how people do with them and see if they are finally getting the results they wanted. Because if they are, then I am making the game more enjoyable not just for myself, but for the many others that try it. So please try it and tell me what happens. It may or may not work for you, but at least you gave it a shot.

― Plato
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
I hope you see where I am coming from and do decide to give these a shot because I really want to see how people do with them and see if they are finally getting the results they wanted. Because if they are, then I am making the game more enjoyable not just for myself, but for the many others that try it. So please try it and tell me what happens. It may or may not work for you, but at least you gave it a shot.
no doubt i'll try these the next time i play. i was just trying to help by adding my 2 cents but i re-read my posts and they were kinda a-holish. my bad, but like i said i'll def try it your way.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Thanks for giving it a try. I just got two more sacks against the Raiders. Thats 17, and 11 have come from the 5 games I have played. So I think its working. But I did try the sprint thing, and I got a sack the first play. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not because I never got a sack after that.

Whichever one is the correct one I don't care, I just hope the patch fixes this. This is almost a gamebreaker. I have 17 sacks, 2nd to last has 30. Thats a big problem. At least I have 11 sacks in the 5 games I have played with the tweak. I am guessing it works. We need more people to try this and post their results so we can see if I am just looking at it too much, or if I actually found something out.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »