Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
In fairness to Ian and those guys, they work their asses off in the 3-4 months before the game's release. 80-hour work weeks are the norm.
They deserve a vacation.
I would ask why a multi-billion dollar corporation needs to resort to 80hour per week slave labor? They could use 1/100th of their exclusivity and marketing money and employ 3 times as many people to work on Madden as they do.

EA wanted to be the ONLY football game on the market. If they don't deliver people are going to be angry. Its not like they CANT afford to make the greatest football game ever. They just dont want to.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

80 hour work weeks? Please, people say that like they had to start from scratch, yea maybe 05-06 but not this year or the previous. This game clearly wasn't tested or EA just didn't give a crap. Its going to be the same thing again next year. Incase anyone didn't notice EA are using the simple ol supply and demand technique. No one else is making a NFL video game but them so they know no matter how much problems we have with it were going to purchase it anyway. EA thanks for making the game but I refuse to believe they're working overtime for the sack of a better game.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

You know what they say about expectations....
Quote:
They always lead to resentments
You know what they say about resentments....
Quote:
It's like pi$$ing on yourself. Only you feel it
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I am not going to bash Madden 2010,when you compare something you must have something of the same type to compare it to...the last football game i played that wasnt made by EA was the last in the 2K,I always like the Run game more and the overall graphics and animations in 2k aswell as thier halftime show and things they had a leg up EA should have learned from that the run game definetly felt better and taking a punishing RB in the 2k series felt more rewardful and true to life instead of having to stick with a speedy back.However the progression of players regardless of performance in 2k's franchise was terrible and EA definetly had a leg up on the whole depth situation for franchise mode......
Fastforward to now and comparing this Madden to the last competitor and older versions I feel this year has made a major leap in the right direction,its not perfect but the graphics are better the draft and depth of franchise is good aswell as the players progressions.....My big complaint for this year would be the pancake Blocks becuase most people play Franchise and the fact that the O-linemen dont get any pancake blocks anymore affects thier progression and affects the way that you draft and trades because you cant draft and O-linemen and have him progress anymore.I dont know how hard that would be to fix but that is a glaring problem for me and has been for the last 3 Madden series.
I play 8 min. quarters now to try and get the defensive stats more realistic especially tackles but for some reason I still cant get my MLB to get more than 5 tackles a game unless I control him the whole time but I can live with that.....

All in all this madden has seen the most improvement for me since the Madden that vick was on the cover of with the playmaker stick which was a cool addition.Graphics are good with the extra point show just wish they would show highlights for the whole league during the presention for the week and during halftime of other games not just mine.and maybe throw in a create a prospect for the draft so you can creat some of the new college guys that are comming out before each season...Overall good job EA.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I lean toward feeling misled because some of those blogs simply aren't in the final game, but appreciate the improvement over 09.
I feel the EXACT same way. I was so excited to play this game after all of the blogs and interaction from the dev team. The final product, however, seems to be missing some of the elements discussed and with zero explanation. Adding insult to injury, it appears they've removed other parts of the game (QB cadences come to mind). I just don't get it. I feel completely mislead however it is obvious they put some incredibly hard work into the game this year. After all is said and done, I guess this game is a disappointment for me more-so than something I see myself playing until Madden 11 comes out.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
... EA thanks for making the game but I refuse to believe they're working overtime for the sack of a better game.
Freudian slip??
Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
I feel the EXACT same way. I was so excited to play this game after all of the blogs and interaction from the dev team. The final product, however, seems to be missing some of the elements discussed and with zero explanation. Adding insult to injury, it appears they've removed other parts of the game (QB cadences come to mind). I just don't get it. I feel completely mislead however it is obvious they put some incredibly hard work into the game this year. After all is said and done, I guess this game is a disappointment for me more-so than something I see myself playing until Madden 11 comes out.
Madden went gold on July 16, 2009. The game was released to the public on August 14th. That is nearly a month where the developers of the game knew exactly what wasn't going to make the cut. Never once did they mention any of this to the public.

If you ordered a 42 inch TV from Target to be shipped to your home, would you accept a 37 inch TV delivered instead for the same price? No. Some (not all) people preordered this game on the basis of information released by those who created the game. At the end of the day EA didn't deliver what they promised and that is why so many people are outraged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually stay away from these types of threads... actually not much of a poster at all really, just look at my stats...hehe. But I have an opinion on this matter.

Ian and crew have brought my Enthusiasm for this game back from the grave. The improvements we've seen this year are the biggest jump since PS2 days. With Slider adjustments and investing some time into getting the AI to where you want it, This game is Fantasic.

I know there are some who say" You shouldn't have to tweak anything, it should be perfect out of the box." I will argue against that because with the ability to change and adjust the AI, we have Options. The Sim guys can be happy because he can rebuild the 0-16 Lions to Glory and not feel like he cheesed his way there. The Arcade guys can be happy by adjusting threshhold so that your 350lb DT can run down Adrian Peterson and slam him to the turf. We have a chance to make the game what we want it to be.

Alot of the people on these forums have a tendency to follow pack. They will see 3 or 4 people say they dislike the game and all of a sudden they don't like the game. And then they will go post their opinion of not liking the game, having not even played it for themselves. This game really needs to be given a chance, and by chance I mean play a couple games, fiddle with settings, play a couple more games. Give it a chance.

As far as patches, I will most likely be even happier after that point. This game really is a vast improvement over 09 and fixing some of the little quirky things will make it even better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »