Home

So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode?

Well I hope they fix all the other problems because I really enjoy the gameplay this year. Franchise mode has always been my favorite and since it appears that I found some sliders that work (Bills V. 3) I really hope that the sim stats can be fixed. I haven't been through and offseason yet but from what I read apparently its tough to sign players 70 and above to a cheap contract. I don't see EA fixing that issue, but I will hope.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #34
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Well its always been a problem in this game unless you play long games with strong defense and the CPU runs a lot so you get realistic tackles from your linebackers and so on. But this year its even worse than normal. At the end of a season there are a large number of players that if you include assists have over 200 tackles, really nuts. On top of that total offense of a lot of teams seems really low, and rushing TD's are very low across the board. Specially for teams that traditionally run the ball while inside the 5 yard line.

Basically you will hardly ever see your LB's selected to the pro bowl unless they are doing other things really good like getting INT's or fumbles and defensive TD's, they wont be picked for tackling that's for sure. If you turn down INTs and stuff so your DB's don't get unrealistic picks, just like every year they will get so many deflections you could end up with 2 or 3 of your DBs getting picked for the pro bowl lol. My last season I got 3 CBs and a FS picked from my team for the pro bowl. I got lucky and got a LB picked but he had a lot of pass deflections and some FF , but not a lot of tackles, and he was lowest in voting so he barely got in. At least he was a 90 overall rating, those FS's and CB's none of them were over 86 and all went to the pro bowl off the same team.

Thats pretty much it. The other stats seem ok, Rushing yards and passing yards are a bit high I guess maybe just a tad. Like Manning and Brees are close to breaking Mario's passing yard record almost every year...
I think the INT leader is always a bit low too....I usually see guys lead the league with only 6.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
every time i've done supersim the CPU has lit me up for an insane amount of points and yardage. that might be because i have the CPU sliders very high set like CPU run blocking at 100 and mine very low.
Messing with the Coaching Philosophies should affet this a little bit. And you should still be able to play your games, but maybe super sim the rest. I couldn't get Romo over 300 yds, but everything else looked okay. I was actually trying to get the CB's some tackles at the time, and that seemed to work. Someone else reported that there were way to many KR and PR touchdowns.

Do you think that if we adjusted RB ratings we might in turn increase TD's and ypc issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I dunno--my sim stats looked good. I play on 9 min quarters, and simmed the last 4 games of my season at 7 mins for ALL teams.
are u saying there is somewhere where u can choose sim qtr length??? this is the big question. as far as ive seen theres no way to do this. you can choose your own games length, but all other games are simmed on 15min qtrs....or at least thats how the stats look cuz theyre always double and sometimes triple the user stats. and i play 9min qtrs with 15sec accel
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25

They sure as hell better.

Having guys lead the league in carries only to have ZERO or 1 TD by week 10 is a HUGE buzz-kill...for me. Just the fact of teams OVERALL having 2,3 or 5 TOTAL rushing TD's 10 weeks in is a complete JOKE! As is WR's having 10-12 TD's mid-way through the season....and by that i mean .....Like 8-9 WR's having double digit TD's. As of now, i have 7 WR's on pace for 20 TDS and 12 QB's on track for 40 TD's.

This has to be patched soon. I mean it seems like it is just a calculation bug in simmed games. I mean EVERY QB throws at LEAST 2 TD's per game to ZERO rushing TD's. Even with studs in the backfield. Steve Slaton has over 900 Rushing yrds and ZERO TD's...The TEXANS have 1 rushing TD all year and it was Schaub!!!

Oh yeah...KR/PR for TD's are OFF the charts as well.

To think, 2 months ago in the franchise simmed stats blog, EA stated that simmed stats were "RIGHT ON POINT.". on point to what? The ARENA LEAGUE.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #38
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

^ This is the reason I will not start a franchise in Madden. I just won't do it with sim stats that are ridiculous. I sure hope they patch this. As stated before, major buzzkill for offline franchise fanatics, stat buffs.

That's OK for now, I'll just play more NCAA10. :-)
Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #39
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I changed some coach schemes and supersim each play and this helped with rushing tds. However I had a game with a QB with 0 passings yards (0-5 comp / att) but deangelo williams went for 299 with 4 tds.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 1

Can't agree more. The sim stats are restricting me from starting the Chise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »