Home

Two Awesome Trades

This is a discussion on Two Awesome Trades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #17
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Two Awesome Trades

I started my Raiders franchise with default rosters and sent Derrick Burgess to the Browns for Corey Williams and a 1st. Looks like the trade worked out well for both teams. When I had Burgess, he had 0 sacks and like 2 tackles through about 5 games. I got Corey Williams and he ended up with 5.5 sacks for me. Burgess ended up with 10 sacks for the Browns but I still have their 1st.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

i traded mattew Staford for the 5 overall pick, second round and a third round.

in the draft i had two first round picks, so i traded the first round pick, for FS Antonio bethea and a second round also a fourth round.

what a hell of a trade.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That won't work in my franchise. I tried to swap firsts with Denver and then I was going to send their first to Seattle to make the draft more accurate and the cpu rejected my proposal
Wait till week 6 before the trading deadline, go to standings and see which team is at the bottom, trade your 1st (your team could be 6-0) for the crapiest team's 1st, 2nd, 3rd pick. This always works. In the off-season you'll usually end up with your 1st being somewhere in the top 10.

The trade logic is total crap this doesn't work if you try to trade your picks with a team that is doing good but works when the team is doing super bad. CPU thinks drafts belong to team with good records = high drafts and teams with crappy low record = low drafts.

CFL: B.C. Lions
NFL: San Diego Chargers
NHL: Vancouver Canucks

Last edited by IanTheo; 08-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

On my franchise I traded Julius Peppers for Aaron Curry, 1st round daft pick, and a 2nd round draft pick....And then I moved Curry to RE and he became a 99 overall (high than Peppers).
Old 08-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

Sometimes I sign as many good FAs I can and trade them for draft picks. Don't think I've ever made any blockbuster trades, but when I start my franchise I'm gettin Cutler back. Stupid *** McDaniels!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsNBroncos
Sometimes I sign as many good FAs I can and trade them for draft picks. Don't think I've ever made any blockbuster trades, but when I start my franchise I'm gettin Cutler back. Stupid *** McDaniels!!

Sim the season and draft a stud! Look for the Jack Englsh or Michael Bolt drafts.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
AJ Hawk has A potential. But his overall is like 78. I picked him up in free agency once.

But those trades a pretty wicked.

I tried trading a 1st,2nd and Mcnabb for Asomugha but the raiders wouldn't bite. I guess you have to get lucky with a team in a desperate situation.
Has anyone been able to get Asomugha? I offered everything (playing as the Bucs) they wouldn't budge.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

thats about as cheesy as it gets. But you should get raped next year with sal.cap penalties from trading them unless you gave no signing bonuses. if you gave default deals youll be 20 mill in the hole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »