Home

versuz2-----Here are Great Settings For The Most Realistic Gameplay You Can Get !!

This is a discussion on versuz2-----Here are Great Settings For The Most Realistic Gameplay You Can Get !! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: versuz2-----Here are Great Settings For The Most Realistic Gameplay You Can Get !

Tomba are you making sliders Madden 10? Loved your Live Sliders.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: versuz2-----Here are Great Settings For The Most Realistic Gameplay You Can Get !

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that these sliders don't work for me anymore. I loved them at the time.

My new approach to sliders is just to tweak the custom difficulty until I find a setting that is challenging.

What works perfect for one person is going to work horribly for someone else. I just stick to my own custom sliders and that's working out perfectly for me, because no one knows my Madden proficiency better than, well, me!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

it does make sense. but what about broken tackles...are there too many or unrealistic ones.

this setting brings up alot of good points. you play to the percentage of your rating. maybe thier would be more spectacular catches or even sideline catches on these settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
These sliders have been known and loved/hated by many for quite some time now, why did you just now make a thread about them? There's already a thread about them in the Sliders subforum.

I've tried these sliders and was not impressed. It made the passing game too easy, and the running game too hard (a big turn-off for me since I like to run the ball a lot). I know that HBs shouldn't have a 6.0-7.0 YPC average (although, last year Felix Jones had an 8.8 YPC average before he got injured), but a good HB should be able to pull a 3.5-4.5 YPC. With the Pro-100 sliders, Marion Barber (tied for 10th highest rated HB in Madden at 88) was averaging 2.1 YPC or less against teams with average run defenses, and less than 1 YPC against teams with good run D (Ravens, Steelers etc).

At the same time, a bad game for Tony Romo was 15/20 (75%) for 300 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT, while a good game pushed 18/20 for 500 yards and 5 TDs. Even bumping the user sliders up to All-pro didn't help that much. I think that everyone just needs to find their own slider set that works to challenge them while still letting them play the way they want to play, don't rely on others to find a slider set that is "the best", just make your own and tweak it until you get one you like.

Thats right on! Their is no "perfect slider" set out there. What works for some doesnt work for others. So I would have to agree with D, you just need to find a set that work for you.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

WOW!

versuz2... you have made believer out of me, my man. I am on review video 9 and I am ready to cry after seeing the Detroit Lions return footage.

It is official, the only way to get the cpu to play to the player's ratings genuinely is to play on Pro. I can't even begin to describe how convincing your videos are because you show so many video replays showing how All pro and All madden defenders literally know my play better than my own players.

I have been playing around with different sliders for weeks and I can't believe that pro was simply the way to go from the start.

I also like how you show that pro appears to be too easy only because the cpu shows no coaching skills too.

BRAVO
Old 08-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Legend 72
Thats right on! Their is no "perfect slider" set out there. What works for some doesnt work for others. So I would have to agree with D, you just need to find a set that work for you.

So true. I've tried one slider set here, and while some users said "I've had defensive struggles with these" I ended up getting my arse kicked by the CPU; it was 52-0........at halftime. I'm not going to say which slider set I used, but it was embarassing because my skills at this game are pretty sorry....

Know what's been working for me lately? Default All-Pro. So there you go.

Last edited by Segagendude; 08-30-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

I have basically given up trying to get this game to play "realistic" as no matter what i do there is still the weighting towards the cpu that makes many ratings useless. Even outside of that, I have tried to make the game more challenging without being totally cheap and my team still dominates with maybe 3 close games at the half or beyond in my 1.5 years of franchise. I figure there is no point to trying to get it to play "real" and end up frustrated by the broken aspects of the game like blocking.

IMO there simply can't be any attempt at realistic gameplay until they totally wipe this bias out. Today I watched my 97 rated CB, 99 in man coverage be schooled by a 72 rated WR and then my DBs continually drop easy INTs (i have the int slider at 5) but then i throw ONE pass barely off target, not right at a guy and it gets picked off. The cpu int slider is at 0.

I could go on and on how the exact same things can be so different for the cpu and my team and how that makes no sense especially since my team is rated 94 and all but two starters are rated 86 or better.

Last edited by steveo; 08-30-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

i think lots of these slider sets are wrong in philosophy! im not very good in my mind but these sliders just dont work. to easy. but i do understand what hes trying to say. every slider set i have tried has produced real stats and animations. i have no idea which one is better.

Last edited by riznaiders; 08-30-2009 at 05:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »