Home

Madden Dev Blogs

This is a discussion on Madden Dev Blogs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #73
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Madden Dev Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I hate the answer that "the stuff from the blogs is in the game, but we just may not see it that often."

Damn, that sounds so slimy used-car salesmanesque.

"Well, your car has brakes, but they won't work on Mondays, Tuesdays, and every full-moon. But they are there trust us!"

Also, can anyone find the blog...it was one of the later ones where they talked about how teams "will call plays like their real life counterparts" and how they "watched every NFL game from last year" and put those results into the game.

What NFL were they watching?!

Is this the one?

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...ogId=Playbooks

"Let's pick the Vikings for example. After researching the Vikings by watching all 16 regular season games, we found that out of 440 total first down plays, 271 (62%) were runs. With that in mind we really wanted to emphasize that the Vikings like to run the ball on first down and with arguably the best back in the league getting the ball, who can blame them! We set the Overall Run percentage in Madden NFL 10 to that exact number. Of the 271 run plays, 64 runs were outside (22%). So 78% of the time in Madden NFL 10, you can expect the Vikings to be bringing it downhill right into your face."

"We did this for every single team and every single AI group. The Eagles called play action passes 29% of the time on 2nd down, so you can expect the same in Madden NFL 10. The list goes on."

"For the defensive side of the ball we have again concentrated on CPU playcalling and getting teams to play like they do in real life. When playing teams like the Ravens and Steelers you will definitely feel the pressure as a QB and will have to be ready for the blitz coming at you from a variety of angles. "

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
This thread has opened my eyes ALOT! I have spent the last few hours going over all the blogs on Madden10.com and Its crazy what they said we would have, and dont.

Its one thing to have messed up stats in in Franchise, but to tell us the stats are going to be very good this year. Or tell us teams will play like the RL counter parts and then have the Titans and Panthers throw 38 times and run 12 in 24-21 game.. Or second year of my Pats Chise the Lions take a QB in Rd 1..

Next time dont say anything dont flat out Lie about it. Dont get me wrong non of these thing will stop me from playing because I love football and I love playing my Offline Franchise, but come on dont talk if you know your not going to back it up!!
I was one that was defending Madden 10 till the Death, but after seeing this thread and going back to the blogs, its very alarming and I think everyone needs to go back there and read them before the magicaly disappear.
I can't fathom how many people there are who feel just like you...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865

"Let's pick the Vikings for example. After researching the Vikings by watching all 16 regular season games, we found that out of 440 total first down plays, 271 (62%) were runs. With that in mind we really wanted to emphasize that the Vikings like to run the ball on first down and with arguably the best back in the league getting the ball, who can blame them! We set the Overall Run percentage in Madden NFL 10 to that exact number. Of the 271 run plays, 64 runs were outside (22%). So 78% of the time in Madden NFL 10, you can expect the Vikings to be bringing it downhill right into your face."
I just played the Vikings and that's exactly what happened...they ran it down my throat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #76
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I just played the Vikings and that's exactly what happened...they ran it down my throat.
I'm certainly not agreeing or disagreeing. I like Madden 10, play it all the time. I was just posting those excerpts to see if that was the blog he was looking for ...

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep

Really!!! I have played close 40 games and no Team as called more then 15-17 running plays against me. I just played the Jets last night and the ran 53 plays and Thomas Jones carried the ball 8 time Leon Washington 3 times and Sanchez had one carry and he threw the ball 41 times!!!!!! I of course won buy 21 points because they stop running after you go up by one TD
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 25

I personally, dont think ANYTHING will be "added" now. What we have is what we got...unfortunately.

IF...IF...there is a patch.....We will most likely see it mid October at best. Developers are now M.I.A here....Why?

If we could just get some clarification on what...if anything the patch will address. The absence the last few weeks is VERY concerning to those here to say the least.

I mean if they (EA and the developers) are just playing and enjoying the game, How can they not see the issues currently?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #79
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Really!!! I have played close 40 games and no Team as called more then 15-17 running plays against me. I just played the Jets last night and the ran 53 plays and Thomas Jones carried the ball 8 time Leon Washington 3 times and Sanchez had one carry and he threw the ball 41 times!!!!!! I of course won buy 21 points because they stop running after you go up by one TD
I agree that there are things missing from the blogs, but I have had the CPU attempt to run against me. Carolina D. Williams had 20 carries for only 70 yds in a 6 minute QTR game. He had succes early but I slow him down (they still continued to run). Next game NO and Brees threw the ball ALOT.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 25

"For the defensive side of the ball we have again concentrated on CPU playcalling and getting teams to play like they do in real life. When playing teams like the Ravens and Steelers you will definitely feel the pressure as a QB and will have to be ready for the blitz coming at you from a variety of angles. "

^^ By variety of angles, do they mean Corner Blitz EVERY 2nd and 3rd Down? I find the AI Blitz literally every single down regardless of the team. What the heck is up with that?

makes the above statement complete BS if you ask me. Also makes the game a JOKE in terms of difficulty....Guess that is why Westbrook has over 900 yds already receiving in week 12...He is ALWAYS WIDE OPEN...I mean ALWAYS! How the heck does this go unnoticed?

I mean he is a great back with great hjands, but C'mon...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »