Home

Pursuit angles?

This is a discussion on Pursuit angles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pursuit angles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i like that the devs are interested in pursuit angles and correcting them BUT its nowhere near the other major things that needs tweaking...

1. how about the DB/WR interaction- namely fixing it so the DB is not leading and the WR " pursuing" in 1 on 1 man coverage, and on another note how about shortening that back peddle animation that DB's do for the first 15 yds

2. make offensive turn plays up field and not run out of bounds

3. many more but its off topic

i hope you had a good vacation, welcome back and be ready the villagers have their torches and pitch forks it may get ugly
IMO pursuit angles is one of the most serious issues in the game. It causes all the high scoring games, KR, PR, INT's for TD's...etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

This might sound bad but pursuit angles need to be much more aggressive. When they are on the right path they need to close in on that same path a lot quicker. No Square offs. Also Players need to adjust their angles (via flat passes & plays) While the ball is in the are. EXample: Reggie Bush runs a wheel route but catches ball in backfield. OLB - is running (man assignment with reggie, but obviously he is about 7 yards behind reggie & about 10 yards off. Whilst the ball is in the air he should know that reggie is catching and running up field. SO he should adjust and get to him maybe 5 yards after catch (depending on speed & all that) Because Now they square off alot & they run to were the flat pass was caught at, not running towards

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I've seen a lot of posts about this recently...but I haven't been around so maybe I missed a thread. Can someone show some good example videos (or point me in the direction of recent discussions) about pursuit angles? Even just a highlight video from easports.com would be good...

I'd like to have our guys dig deeper on this complaint...but I don't know exactly where to start.

Honestly, is it possible these guys are playing like Madden 10 V 1.5 and they released Madden 10 V 1.3 or something? I'm not even being a wise guy, a horrible pursuit angle jumps out at you immediately as soon as you have any kind of long play.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Old 09-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaklgg
IMO pursuit angles is one of the most serious issues in the game. It causes all the high scoring games, KR, PR, INT's for TD's...etc.
I agree, it becomes a game breaker because i can make a big play but feel almost like i cheated because of the horrible pursuit angles. They also create high scoring games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

the other thing that would be nice is when you throw a screen or a pass the player often runs backwards automatically and by the time you can turn around and gain positive yards you are tackles for a loss.

i've had perfect screen plays set up with 30 yds of open space and my player winds up going backwards and I lose yards.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

Follow #46 . He has absolutely no clue how to pursue the ball carrier.
Wow, just take a gander at that pirouette, oops, I mean spin move. How does he spin straight ahead with no lateral movement whatsoever? And not only does the defender react as if he were juked out of his shoes (yeah he's a punter, but still), but the spin didn't slow down the ball carrier and barely broke his stride.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 09-02-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Guys, lay off. He asked a simple question for videos of the poor pursuit angles just so he had something to work off, and several people provided him with videos, so there's no need to keep piling on. Just let it go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »