Home

QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat)

This is a discussion on QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #57
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat)

I personally love the qb vision cone and still play with it on ps2 madden. It really gives meaning to the precision passing and leading your recievers.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 50

Personally, I rarely enjoyed the Vision Cone but the way I think is, SOMEBODY who plays Madden would like it. If only 5% of people who play madden use the Vision Cone, that's a happy and satisfied 5%.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #59
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I liked what the cone tried to do, but not how it did it.

Moving two sets of eyes just seems weird.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 7

This cone vision was by far the worst thing ever added to Madden.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #61
Banned

Realistically, football games will never be the sim experience that people are looking for. The problem is that there are so many factors in real life that just do not factor into gaming properly.

Honestly, for every one person who wants their QB to play like he does in real life, there are 5 people who want to be rewarded for making the right mechanical/gameplay decisions (ie-reading the coverage properly, pushing the correct button with the correct amount of pressure and the proper amount of lead on the pass.).

What this does is force developers to make a choice. Do we want to make the game fun to play and accesible to the largest market possible, or, try and make the game an exact simulation and risk not selling any copies at all, since, who wants to play a game where performing the proper sequence of button presses does not lead to the proper expected result?

Until they can invent a better system, this will always be one of the main stumbling blocks for developers and gamers alike.

Oh, and you can have the vision cone. I would rather have them take the time to actually fix the nagging, almost decade old problems of the series rather than add in a newly recycled gimmick that was not very well implemented to begin with, no matter which way you tried it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
As long as it's an option online and offline, I'm fine with it.
I hate the cone with a venom, but if it's an option, fine. You cone guys should have your flashlight.
The second I'm forced to use it online is the second I revolt.
I can see an offline player that plays against the A.I asking for the cone, but I just don't see anyone online wanting it with the way people can play D and we are asking for BETTER D next year. The same people that want the cone want a better pass rush and defenders playing better in their zones and they want the CB's to do better in their technique, namely the left side CB not always giving up the inside ect. Again for offline I can see it because the A.I Defensive Team is not going to use the things that the user will. But for anything other than offline, it's suicide because that extra button you will have to press will mean your QB getting carted off and you are down to the third stringer.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

The cone was amazing and gave the game a sim feel. QBs shouldn't be able to "see" two WRs on opposite sides of the field.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #64
Banned

And yet, QB's and WR's have this thing called practice where they actually have the WR's run the routes they are supposed to run and the QB throws to them. I realize that this is actually a new phenomenon and that, before 10 minutes ago, QB's used to just guess at what the receivers were going to do on the field.

Really though, on any given play, the QB, if he has actually been at practice, knows exactly what type of route EVERY receiver is going to run. Seriously, look it up. It is on the internet Fo Sho, Yo.

But seriously, if you really think that having a pro QB NOT know what is going on on any given play is realistic, you must be a Futbol fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »