Home

Comeback AI In User Quit Offline Games

This is a discussion on Comeback AI In User Quit Offline Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Comeback AI In User Quit Offline Games

This has been a huge issue the last few years, why is it on (because it cant be turned off?)

My last game of the night, I am leading 17-0. The guy quits at the start of the 4th quarter, since its my last game I figure Ill just play it out.

First play with him gone, I fumble, they recover, 4 plays later its 17-7.

By now we all know the drill, the game just does irrational things with players you cant control to change the dynamics of a game. I can do no right, CPU team can do no wrong.

TE scores on a 45 yard TD after embarrassing my DB, pro tacking over one safety while the other one was off comparing arm bands with the guys on the bench I suppose.

17-14. They recover an onside kick, waltz down the field and score....a TD. 17-21. Nice.

I get the ball back and go tie up the game for OT before winning with a OT FG (thankfully I won the toss).

Why is it like this, it nearly rewards guys that quit. Im all for the CPU going to rookie if somebody cant finish a game.

Please dont tell me gosh your terrible if you cant beat the computer. If you haven't gotten around to parts of this game where the CPU just determines your fate, you need to keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Comeback AI In User Quit Offline Games

Yea, it's a little ridiculous

The only real time I have problems with the CPU is on a user quit. It's like All-Madden on crack
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

One small detail. You say the CPU was 21 17 up, and then you scored to take game into OT.

How did you score 4 points??
Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm guessing he wrote the scores wrong, it was probably 17-24
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballymenasteve
One small detail. You say the CPU was 21 17 up, and then you scored to take game into OT.

How did you score 4 points??
Yea, I recall something wrong. Last game of the morning, but essentially thats what happened. I know they scored 3 times unanswered to take the lead, and I was stuck kicking a FG to get into OT. I could have swore it went TD, TD, FG.

I wish I could go back in and look at the box score after I shut it off. Hopefully my point doesnt get lost in my horrid translation. 5am does odd stuff to the brain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Yea, I recall something wrong. Last game of the morning, but essentially thats what happened. I know they scored 3 times unanswered to take the lead, and I was stuck kicking a FG to get into OT. I could have swore it went TD, TD, FG.

I wish I could go back in and look at the box score after I shut it off. Hopefully my point doesnt get lost in my horrid translation. 5am does odd stuff to the brain.
I know the feeling, sometimes catch myself playing in the early a.m. as well
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

i stopped playing ranked. if they patch it so its like NHL 09 when you get the win immediately if they quit i may go back. i just dont feel like playing the computr if i go online. if they quit they get the loss and you get the win. just like NHL 09. EA should look at that team to figure out how to do their online for madden. they don't have to go far, it's in house.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
i stopped playing ranked. if they patch it so its like NHL 09 when you get the win immediately if they quit i may go back. i just dont feel like playing the computr if i go online. if they quit they get the loss and you get the win. just like NHL 09. EA should look at that team to figure out how to do their online for madden. they don't have to go far, it's in house.
In fairness, they do give you this option in the game. Problem is, I seldom feel like playing anything less than a full game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »