Home

why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak?

This is a discussion on why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterd1981
I had Randy Moss break out of a Pro-Tak of 4 on me yesterday. Yes, skinny Randy Moss broke one. That was the moment I knew Pro-Tak was garbage.
Nobody said it was garbage most said it needed more tuning!!!! Sadly this is what this forum have became nothing but bashers BOY I MISS THE OLD DAY___...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #42
Rookie

carterd1981's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
Nobody said it was garbage most said it needed more tuning!!!! Sadly this is what this forum have became nothing but bashers BOY I MISS THE OLD DAY___...
It is garbage to me. That's just my opinion. When you can explain to me how Randy Moss can break out of 4 defenders holding him then I will say Pro-Tak is serviceable.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
I have never are will never hate on any company trying to bring something that can change the game for the better!!!! But it sure seem like alot of yall want the same crap year after year because EA is TRYING and yall hate on them and bash anything that goes wrong i just understand this SITE anymore .
I don't see anybody hating, I see some criticism but I have yet to see "I HATE PRO TACK" posted and it left at that with no supporting comments. I have seen the opposite in this very thread.

Nobody wants the "same crap" year after year. However, we don't want things just for the sake of change, implement things properly.

I fail to see how anything can be dynamic or take things like momentum or weight into effect and be done through canned animations. The exact words used by Ian to describe Pro Tack was "more dynamic" and "physics based feel".

It as only after M10 was out that animations and Pro Tack started going hand in hand.

Yes, you can interact with Pro Tack piles, but it often sucks players you don't have control of into it which makes it difficult to select a player around the gang tackle that Pro Tack has already not manipulated position of to some degree.

For example sometimes it will suck in a safety to the back of the play, even if he is approaching the front. By controlling players like that it often means once the ball carrier breaks the gang tackle, the defense has nobody down field to stop the play.Thus you see the broken gang tackles resulting in huge plays.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterd1981
It is garbage to me. That's just my opinion. When you can explain to me how Randy Moss can break out of 4 defenders holding him then I will say Pro-Tak is serviceable.
Stuff like that happen in real football matter of fact that whole breaktackle thing came from little steve smith WR C.Panthers
Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #45
Banned

RMOODY ----- ^^^^^^^ I feel you bro don't get it twisted i,m not saying they got anything right i just said if EA is TRYING to make it a better game i won't hate on them...To me pro-tak has alot going for it just needed more time in the oven..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSuhL2wOVg

That is the Steve Smith play, direct from EA. Steve Smith is an elite player and that is a career highlight.

Then again, we also heard about a undefined Eli Manning scramble and some scrum piles that were used to be the catalyst for Pro Tack.

As far as that exact play, I'm not sure if it belongs to be replicated in Madden. Sometimes EA gets caught up with aspects like this and just takes it to literal. Steve Smith can do this, so other players can or should, lets put it in the game.

Give me the dynamic, physics based tackling you promised and I can deal without what really amounts to an animation based replay of an actual NFL play.

Another prime example would be Tyree's SB catch. That has no place in Madden, yet I have seen it used twice now in under 100 games.

Sometimes I get the feeling they see things in real life and just implement them to say they have them and "Its in the game". Sure, its in the game, but its not in the game properly. Its like working in a restaurant and throwing raw bacon on a sandwich. Sure, the guy asked for bacon, sure you gave it too him. The execution was poor and the result was a sick customer. Sound familiar EA?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #47
Banned

RMOODY ----- ^^^^^^^ I think EA feels like they still have i lot of this( sportscenter top 5 highlight reel i want that play in the game ) people buying this....... .
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

Its like u cant double hit at all with pro-tak, i try to lay guys out with the hit stick and he just joins in with the hugging, which is lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »