Home

How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball?

This is a discussion on How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball?

What is wrong with rocket catching is the actual catch in which the receiver jumps straight up without momemtum or impulse.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: GOALINE FADE ROUTE -- Not Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Call a quick slant to the outside. If your receiver is on the right, hot route a quick slant to the right and he will sprint for the corner of the endzone. Wait for him to break and loft it to his outside shoulder. Depending on your receiver he'll catch it over the shoulder or jump up and spin around to catch it.

It doesn't work 100 percent of the time but I have made it work on the goal line. Just make sure that there's no safety help, which there usually isn't on goal line situations and you should be good to go.
thanks man this sounds like it might work! i will try it after work thanks again!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Forgive me for being a newbie but what exactly is this "rocket catch"? And "robo qb"? I keep seeing the terms but no explanations on what they are.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I gotta be honest I haven't tried the jump ball in the endzone yet, but have you guys tried holding down L2 while pressing the receiver's icon to throw the ball? This throws the ball ahead on the route to an area as opposed to the receiver. This I've tested a lot in practice and it looks like it's an unwritten carry over from an older Madden (don't remember from what year; route based passing I think they called it)....I used to do this all the time back in the day but haven't seen it in an instruction book for years. I ran the same play in practice twenty times (throwing to the same receiver) and alternated holding L2 while throwing and then not holding it. The difference is on where the ball goes is very noticeable so I think it's still in the game.

On a related note flicking the left stick also does directional passing as well... Let me know your thoughts...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

L2 on what controller or system? I have the xbox 360 and they are calle the LT and LB but no L2 here. You can click down on the Left directional joysitck but that would seem nearly impossible while moving your QB and aiming your pass....

Any input?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

My bad icicle22. L2 button and right (not left) stick on the PS3 system. When the QB has the ball, R1 is used for pump fake, R2 Sprint, L1 is one of the receiver icons, and L2 isn't listed for anything in this year's instructions (nor the past few years I believe). But back in the day it was used for route based passing and I believe that is still the case with Madden 10....Left stick is used to move player, Right stick is used for the new "avoid pass rush" moves, but once ball is in air I believe directional passing still kicks in (haven't tested this though) like previous Madden games. I have tested L2 route based passing and believe it still works...
Old 09-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #23
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm confused. I've found the endzone fades to be an almost automatic TD for me. It's almost too easy.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryMurphMan
My bad icicle22. L2 button and right (not left) stick on the PS3 system. When the QB has the ball, R1 is used for pump fake, R2 Sprint, L1 is one of the receiver icons, and L2 isn't listed for anything in this year's instructions (nor the past few years I believe). But back in the day it was used for route based passing and I believe that is still the case with Madden 10....Left stick is used to move player, Right stick is used for the new "avoid pass rush" moves, but once ball is in air I believe directional passing still kicks in (haven't tested this though) like previous Madden games. I have tested L2 route based passing and believe it still works...
This is still confusing.

Do you hold down L2 after the snap and flick the right stick in the desired direction, and then hit the passing icon? I get the same results using just the passing icon.

Do you hold down L2, hit the passing icon you want, and then flick the R stick in the direction you want to throw it (L2 being pressed the whole time)? That wouldn't make much snese since the pass is already out of the QB's hand.

I purposely call a cover1 man against 4 verticals and cannot find a way to consistently overthrow the ball. Anyone else had luck doing this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »