Home

No AFL in second season in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on No AFL in second season in franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #65
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: No AFL in second season in franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods
I'm not a fan of an AFL team so I have very little use for the DLC. That's why I didn't buy it. I also don't like to play with throwback uniforms.

But, to the person above who called the OP a tool...I can't blame him for being a little pissed. He paid 8 bucks and expected to be able to use it whenever he wanted.
And he can. The only thing that's "lost" is the presentation aspects in franchise mode...because the NFL isn't celebrating the 51st anniversary of the AFL. He can still use the uniforms in franchise mode, and everything is still available in any Play Now games he chooses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #66
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Was there a disclaimer anywhere? Geez that kinda blows if not.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Why do people have to pay extra for uniforms that should be in the game for free? Not to mention EA is missing a bunch of throwbacks that 2k had 6 years ago.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #68
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Why do people have to pay extra for uniforms that should be in the game for free? Not to mention EA is missing a bunch of throwbacks that 2k had 6 years ago.
There are numerous other threads you can post (and have posted) that in, don't derail this one.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #69
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Well you guys complain that EA lies about everything you see on Sunday right?

Next year the NFL will not celebrate the AFL 50 year anniversary because it will be year 51

so you will not see the old school games with refs in old gear.

So EA is giving you what you see on Sundays
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

EA is NOT giving me what I see on Sundays because I see the AFL and ref uniforms on Sundays but I can ONLY get them if I pay extra.

EA wants EXTRA money for what I see on Sunday.

It's amazing how inconsistent some people are. You're O.K. that you won't be allowed to use the extra presentation feature you paid EXTRA for after year one in your franchise since that's "realistic", BUT you're NOT upset that EA is charging EXTRA for uniforms that you will see on Sunday this year. "Realistic" would mean that the game would ship with the same uniforms I'm able to see on Sunday, they bundled them with an upcharge, so it's NOT realistic.

If you think it's O.K. that you can't use the presentation feature after year 1 in your franchise if you were consistent you would be UPSET that you can't use the AFL uniforms that you will see on Sunday unless you PAY for them. By the way I think that if EA is CHARGING you for the extra presentation feature you should be able to use it any time if you want. Because EA is being just as inconsistent as you guys. The uniforms I see on Sunday are NOT included in the game. It's in the game, for a price.

Some of you guys who just defend Madden and EA at any and all costs should look at how you're twisting and spinning yourself into pretzels.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_88
whoever made this thread is a tool
I'm not gonna stoop to your level, but thanks bro. You contributed well to the topic.
NY Knicks :(

Old 09-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
There is no argument against having the option. That's perfectly fine. I think the argument is against people not using their common sense. Sure it'd be nice but common sense states odds are, it wasn't gonna be possible yet people complain like it most definitely should be.
Yes. Thank You. My point was all about people using their own common sense.

I know common sense can be a rare commodity on the Internet, but that's what I was getting at.

Also, to the poster who asked if there was a disclaimer...No, there wasn't. Did there need to be one?

"DISCLAIMER: The AFL Presentation will only work for Season 1 of your Franchise. After 2009, it will no longer be the 50th anniversary of the AFL, and as such, subsequent years will not be presented as such. Sorry if you didn't do the math."

^I mean, honestly, that's would you would've gotten, with probably the exception of the last sentence.

Last edited by MattyT; 09-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »