Home

2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:47 AM   #33
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy

Just increase kickoff length to around 75-80
Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

I think people can imagine millions of things after the patch because if something happens out of the ordinary,it must be cause of the patch and not just because things are random and sometimes reoccuring. Not saying people are wrong, but if you look through the post patch threads there are about1000 things that people claim are different after the patch.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 AM   #35
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

I am a custom slider maker and I can honestly tell you thats theres a huge difference in the SLIDERS since the "patch". The kick returns are very easy to do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #36
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Are you kidding me... 4 Kickoff Returns for TD's in FIRST QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have broken two off so far and both have been caught before the 10 by the last guy.

Also consider im pretty darn good on returns vs cpu or human.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Are you kidding me... 4 Kickoff Returns for TD's in FIRST QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't the defenders get thrown to the ground really easily now, making alot more space to run through? I noticed this right away.

It happens in reverse, it seems. Instead of my blockers getting thrown, in order to get to the runner, the defenders go down easily. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #38
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

I have a franchise (All-Pro difficulty) with Reggie Bush and Devin Hester, I call the return 2 plays to get both those guys back there (direction seems to be irrelevant) and I get at least 1 KR TD every game. Every game.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
I finally decided to give Madden another try since the patch came out (played it twice since its release.) I have 37 seconds left in the first quarter and there have already been 4 kickoff returns for touchdowns... 3 by me and 1 by the cpu WTH!!!!!!!!!
Dude i thought it was just me. Well...there is something going on since the "patch". I played a game that had 3 kickoff returns for TDs in the 4th quarter. 2 by the CPU and 1 by me. I ended up loosing the game on their 2nd in a row as time expired. Im starting to get turned off this game. I truly beleive there is some crazy unrealistic "comeback AI". Are the defenses just getting too tired now since they increased fatigue? Rediculously so.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 18

I had 3 kick returns in the 4th quarter in one game - 2 by the CPU and 1 by me. I think there is some correlation between the increased fatigue and the ease of returning kickoffs. Since this happened at the end of the game, and the CPU winning on their 2nd kick return for a TD in a row i thought there was some unrealistic "comeback AI" involved. What is going on with Madden since the "patch"?

RBs walking on some hand-offs, glitchy cutscenes, abscent replays, poor coverage in the flats and too much on deep passes and now He-Man kick returns? EA, please fix. Madden is becoming unplayable again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »