Home

Where's my Money? I'll take a check

This is a discussion on Where's my Money? I'll take a check within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #41
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Where's my Money? I'll take a check

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1619
'' online cheesing ''
Sounds like you will have a problem with lots of games then. JMHO!
Good point! LOL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #42
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Defending EA?

Please comprehend what you're responding to before leaving your opinion at one's feet at one's expense. It will be a valuable tool for you in the future.
LOL!!! What ? Child please!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.P.
LOL!!! WOOOOOW!!! No it's not. Tell me , in the real life game last week between the Ravens and Chargers , did you once see Darren Sproles truck both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in the same play ? No , but i've seen it a couple of times on Madden. Since Shaun Hill has been in the league , with the exception of this past week against the Vikings , had he ever even had a 300 yard game in his career ? Well , he has no problem doing this consistently on Madden NFL 10. Here is my favorite of all the bad Madden 10 moments. I was playing with the Browns against the Steelers. Nice , hard fought game that was 10-10 all the way up until 2 minute warning. I have the ball on the Steelers 10 yardline , and I proceed to throw my worse pass I had thrown all game right to of all people , Troy Polamalou. No Troy did not drop the pick , he did alot worse though by just sitting there and not being the ball-hog that is in real life , and by doing that I scored easily and won that game. I haven't even gotten to the funny part. The Steelers actuall got down field on me only to throw a pick to Kameron Wimbley who couldn't catch a cold buttnaked in Antartica. LOL!!! This is what you call a good game ? This is what you call the most realistic Madden ever ?
you're gonna feel awful silly, but ummm....backbreaker was being sarcastic. He does not feel that Madden '10 is the most realistic Madden ever.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #44
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
you're gonna feel awful silly, but ummm....backbreaker was being sarcastic. He does not feel that Madden '10 is the most realistic Madden ever.
LOL!!! Don't feel silly at all actually CB , and judging by the fact that everybody in here acts like there on EA's payroll , I would say he probably was serious. Even if he wasn't , I still got to give you examples what me and Tyrant are talking about when we speak on Madden. All I propose to them is that maybe they should have Madden DNA next year. That way , we don't see smart defenders play stupid , and stupid defenders play smart. Simple concept right ?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #45
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I had a post where I went off an EA, and this was last year in AUG 08. Where I also predicted the results of how Madden 10 will be at this point, and I was pretty accurate.

Here is what I said. Now remember I was very angry back then so I went off.

Again I was pretty upset not being able to have a solid next gen game that I went loco

The thing is Ian called me on this bet, and I tried countless times to make that bet, and no luck he pretty much ignored me. Oh well, but I would have been receiving a check for sure if he did follow through

Here is his response.

Funny to is how all his cheerleaders were riding his jock, and saying "Yea my money is on you Ian"

Anyway I think it is safe to say that some are happy with this title , but way more gamers are not. The sales of this game also show that it is not a successful title.

I would have won this bet, and here is the link to validate the date it was posted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038915061

I'm sure I will get some wise a55 coming off on me. Ian still does have some cheerleaders in here, and will do their best to defend him.

I really do not care.

Madden 09 was the absolute worst football game I had ever played.. While Madden 10 looks like it should be far superior on paper.. It doesnt play like it. Same problems... different year.

EA and Madden will always have fanboys who can live with anything and most of the time they have no expectations so they cant see garbage when it hits them in the face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #46
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I know the points been made before but dude...ever read a newspaper? Watch the news on TV? You realize that we're in a ****ty economy right now, right? And that sales for EVERYTHING is down?
Let's see how Modern Warfare 2 does.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
LOL at this thread and this post.

Do a little research. Console sales are down across the board compared to last year (although I think the 360 is treading water compared to last year's numbers).

I love people that dismiss stuff just without any actual facts to base it on.
LOL @ this guy.

Everyone needs to stop trying to simply use "console" sells being down compared to the actual games themselves. Console sells will always fall due to the fact that they do not come out every year and tack on the price tag that some of these consoles have carried since being released.

Once everyone gets a console doesnt it make sense for console sells to fall a bit??? Not everyone is going to buy a console every year, that just doesnt make sense. Games on the other hand come out every year and there is a huge array of them. Video Game sells and Console sells are totally different.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
ummm...video game sales are down. Have been since, I believe April and maybe March. As of August, video game sales were down 16% as a whole(25% console, 15% software) and that trend will most likely continue, with the only chance of sales rebounding being the Christmas Holiday.

Sorry man, but 16% sales drop means that your industry has been affected "much". And the fact that video game sales were up last year has no bearing on whats happening in the industry this year. A down economy effects many, many things, and the video game industry is no different.

http://www.reuters.com/article/inter...58A09X20090911

Learn to read. I said last year as in 2008. Sales being down for 6 months is just a backfire on the spike from last year. The whole point of me getting into this argument was over how unproffessional the Senior Mod was in his post. And his argument being that sales for EVERYTHING are down, when in fact they are not.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »