Home

When I play franchise mode, I miss NFL Head Coach.

This is a discussion on When I play franchise mode, I miss NFL Head Coach. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: When I play franchise mode, I miss NFL Head Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Easily fixed...give an option at the start of Madden franchise, traditional franchise controls or Head Coach controls...
I would love to see it, but could they fit all that onto one disk? If so I'd be in love with the EA team!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

It would be great if EA, instead of releasing all this franchise fluff DLC , AFL legacy pack, DLC that boost your teams or coaches ratings, which are basically cheats, would put in expansions of franchise mode in the DLC. They should be in the game out of the box, after all , " everything you see on Sundays " ; however, I would rather pay extra for it than to have nothing at all.

I like the gameplay, but it is a crime what EA is doing with the exclusive license. Honestly, what innovation if any do you see in Madden 10's franchise mode ? Everything that's in Madden 10's franchise mode was in current gen(or last gen) versions of madden that were released FIVE YEARS AGO !Franchise mode in Madden 2005 for the ps2 and original xbox was deeper that the crap we have now !

I haven't played NBA live 10, but I'm 100% sure that their franchise isn't as shallow as Madden 10. They don't have the exclusive license ; consumers have a choice.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-13-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im all for adding every aspect of HC 09 with a few changes:
-Make training camp how it was in last gen, where we could do the drills with our players.
-Contract negotiations, i loved the idea but i got sick of signing players to 2 year deals every time and having to redo their deal every year. So my idea is to negotiate years with the player first in the same haggling way. You pick 7 years he picks 2 you pick 6 he picks 3 and so on until you come to an agreement on years, then you get into the money and incentives and negotiate that in the same way.
What do you think?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Im all for adding every aspect of HC 09 with a few changes:
-Make training camp how it was in last gen, where we could do the drills with our players.
-Contract negotiations, i loved the idea but i got sick of signing players to 2 year deals every time and having to redo their deal every year. So my idea is to negotiate years with the player first in the same haggling way. You pick 7 years he picks 2 you pick 6 he picks 3 and so on until you come to an agreement on years, then you get into the money and incentives and negotiate that in the same way.
What do you think?
Great idea, the negiation system as it is now is the same old system without the interest meter telling us exactly what the player is thinking and what he'll sign for. I want more wheeling in dealing in franchise when trying to sign players to contracts.

I had a feeling this year that offline franchise mode was going to be a let down. During all the interaction, the devs didn't get into franchise mode as much as other gameplay aspects. If I recall there were nearly as many blogs about franchise ; the one's that were talked mainly about fixes. Better player trade and draft logic , 1st round busts & late round gems .

Even with the new focus, the exclusive license still hurts costumers because EA can simply taking their own sweet time with certian aspects of madden ; that's exactly what they're doing with offline & online for that matter. What the crap is the point in having online franchise with no contracts ? If their are no contracts , there's no free acency or salary cap. So really, the only way there is to get players is through the draft. Online franchise is basically online dysnasty(NCAA) with NFL teams. Recruit or draft players, play games.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #21
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articula
I would love to see it, but could they fit all that onto one disk? If so I'd be in love with the EA team!
I doubt they could that why add a second disc in as a special editions like 09 where you paid $70 and got Head Coach for "free"

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I doubt they could that why add a second disc in as a special editions like 09 where you paid $70 and got Head Coach for "free"
Well they would fit on a blu ray, dual layer DVD not sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »