Home

Anyone else seen anything like this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else seen anything like this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone else seen anything like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Hmmm... I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can go to "Controller Select" in the pause menu and switch over to the opponent. Then you may be able to edit the depth chart. ...maybe that's only in Play Now games though.
hmmm...that may possibly be a good workaround jvaccaro. at controller select u can move over in the beg of the game cuz i always go over and change the cpu's uniform before every franch game i play. i dont see why u wouldnt be able to mid game as well.

i was honestly afraid of something like this happening ever since ive seen the punter listed at the bottom as possible qb's to put in when i first played it. dont even know why this decision was made.when in history has a punter ever played qb other than on a fake punt...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Hmmm... I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can go to "Controller Select" in the pause menu and switch over to the opponent. Then you may be able to edit the depth chart. ...maybe that's only in Play Now games though.

Thats brilliant!!! and I know it wont save the depth chart for the Pats but atleast I can play against T.Pryor and then Simms will be back for them the next week!! See this is why I love the OS!!
Now I cant wait to get out of work and go beat Pryor!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, I hate seeing teams having 2 QBs and a 3rd QB as a kicker. EA needs to fix this, either have CPU sign or require 3 QBs or don't add a kicker/punter as a 3rd string.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Yeah, I hate seeing teams having 2 QBs and a 3rd QB as a kicker. EA needs to fix this, either have CPU sign or require 3 QBs or don't add a kicker/punter as a 3rd string.

I know what your saying about not having 3 QBs on the roster but in this case The Pats have 5 QBs abd three are hurt but the punter with 27 ovrl gets the start
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

I saw something similar last night and ironically enough it was against the Pats as well (I have a Ravens franchise). So this is week 17, not much on the line so I try crazy blitzes and what not. On one play 4 of my defenders blew up the line and went straight for Brady for the sack.So I go back to replay it to see exactly what happened (I do that after every sack to see what went wrong or right). So I noticed that it was a screen play and the lineman let my dline blow right passed them so that explained it. As soon as I hit the "B" bottom to quit the replay a weird number caught my eye so I went back to it and looked at the play again. There was a #3 on that play which happens to be the kicker Stephen Gostkowski, so I reset the play and look for him and he is not a WR nor a QB and neither the TE or the HB, so I play the down again and try to find where he is and finally found him, he was playing Center.......... It seems that they had 3 olineman our for that week and had their entire line playing on every other spot and noone to play center so they had the kicker and punter playing center the whole game...... On another note, there was this weird play that happened on that same game as well, I tried to kick a FG from the 30, one of my Olineman for some bloody reason runs backwards and the kicker kicked the ball straight into his arm which he caught (LOL!) and started to scramble to pick up a first down. When I saw that I was like WTF is going own here?!?!?!?! I saved it too, how can I post it here?

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »