Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
the fact that guys like ahmad bradshaw and marquis colston show up playing defensive back on their teams and that the 3-4 d doesnt work at all renders the game a complete waste...seriously how about patching something like the depth chart logic ...it's flawed seriously flawed
Was Colston a starting DB? Or was he an emergency DB? Or was he in for 1 hail mary play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #186
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I would love to be able to run the Wildcat like the Dolphins do on Sunday. Against the Jets on MNF Ronnie Brown ran out of the pocket and then threw the ball.

(Plus he did it last year vs. the Pats)
Old 10-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Preliminary details

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
I couldn't have said it better myself
I totally disagree with this. I think you can add replays to this and it would be very good. I like how they pick out stats from games and how it shows standing in the seasons and nice stats from the games.

This can definitely be expanded and really make offline franchise very cool. I really hope EA doesn't remove it. I really think it kinda cool. May not watch it every week, but it's step 1 to creating a "story" for franchise.

While I'm on replays, please let's get the whole play on replays. This is PS3 and NCAA had it fine last year. There's really no excuse for this.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Excellent post IMO. Rarings have to carry weight not "just be there."
Once again, I absolutely disagree. I see huge disparities from Peyton Manning and say Jamarcus Russell. HUGE. Russell does throw well on the run, Peyton, not so much. I've seen this. I've seen Russell put WAY too much on a pass (Th. power up, Deep accuracy low). I've also hit some with Russell, which by the way I should because he is a NFL quarterback and he's not going to miss EVERY throw.

That's just an example of 2 players and one position. Overall, I can defintely see improvement in making ratings "matter". I don't know what game y'all are playing.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #189
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan
Once again, I absolutely disagree. I see huge disparities from Peyton Manning and say Jamarcus Russell. HUGE. Russell does throw well on the run, Peyton, not so much. I've seen this. I've seen Russell put WAY too much on a pass (Th. power up, Deep accuracy low). I've also hit some with Russell, which by the way I should because he is a NFL quarterback and he's not going to miss EVERY throw.

That's just an example of 2 players and one position. Overall, I can defintely see improvement in making ratings "matter". I don't know what game y'all are playing.
Speed and Throwing ratings seem to be the only ones the matter right now. It's sad.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #190
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

I just want a patch for spidey sense having defenders...the rarest thing you might see on a football field on sunday is a defender with his back to the ball being able to make a play on the ball without seeing it.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #191
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

And I caught some **** for it when I mentioned in the summer that I'd rather they fix gameplay than work on presentation stuff that gets old after the third time you see it anyhow.
You should have caught hell because that type of thinking is stupid. The gameplay can be absolutely flawless but if the atmosphere isnt there, the game fails. Period. They can upgrade both at the same time. No need to completely scrap one in favor of the other. Thats just damn idiotic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #192
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan

i'll tell you what take randy moss edit him to a DB put him on andre johnson and watch him shut him down

#18 greatest EVA....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »