Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #449
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45h
Yeah, you're absolutely right. But I can give the NFL a pass on that one, I'd much rather them worry about running the league we all love so much! Strangely enough, I just read an article on Deadspin.com that said that EA is being sued for this very reason.

http://deadspin.com/5402687/makers-o...he-competition

I really didn't mean to come off as angry as I did in that post earlier, but what Steeler99 just said is I think exactly what's bugging all of us. Knowing that our games are about to improve makes what we currently have seem a lot worse.
Why give anyone a pass, though? That's just like sweeping everything under the carpet and pretending the NFL doesn't exist. The NFL has deals with Nike exclusively and other companies. And yet they get a free pass, while we yell at EA and Nike. Doesn't make sense to me.

And your point about Steelers point is that all sports games I own have at least two patches and a few of those I've had to wait a long time to improve. Quite frankly, one of those games didn't improve one ounce from the game out of the box. So, EA is not the lone ranger in patches in one year cycled games taking awhile to come out. I'm just as anxious to start my franchise as everyone else, but I can wait for the patch.

And the trial you linked has been posted in the forums before. It's good to keep up, though, as to where it's at in the process.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #450
Banned

OVR: 7

Absolutely, I read an article last night on pastapadre.com about MLB 2K8 and was shocked at what went on! The treatment of the people in the forums and the apparent lack of communication within the company was honestly rather sad. I also vaguely recall one of these companies never releasing a sports game because it simply was too messed up but I couldn't ever figure out which game it was, so I'm thinking maybe I just imagined this storyline?

But as I said earlier, I love this game, after some more slider tweaking here and there I've got it where it's the best it can be for me. I could've paid $100 for this game and I'd still be 100% satisfied (don't tell EA!). I just think Madden is better off as a November purchase for me from now on, because I am indeed an anxious person when it comes to stuff like waiting for patches. Patches and DLC are a double-edged sword to me, and that kills me because I thought they would be perfect for sports games. Turns out the developers used them to release games too early and suck more money out of us.

I also think for some reason I had convinced myself that today was patch day, with the servers doing weird things yesterday, I was just sure today was the day. That's my fault though.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #451
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why give anyone a pass, though? That's just like sweeping everything under the carpet and pretending the NFL doesn't exist. The NFL has deals with Nike exclusively and other companies. And yet they get a free pass, while we yell at EA and Nike. Doesn't make sense to me.

And your point about Steelers point is that all sports games I own have at least two patches and a few of those I've had to wait a long time to improve. Quite frankly, one of those games didn't improve one ounce from the game out of the box. So, EA is not the lone ranger in patches in one year cycled games taking awhile to come out. I'm just as anxious to start my franchise as everyone else, but I can wait for the patch.

And the trial you linked has been posted in the forums before. It's good to keep up, though, as to where it's at in the process.
Just to make my point clear, I do NOT consider this game to be garbage. I actually find it to be pretty good overall, and I suspect the 2nd patch will fix some of my biggest gripes (limited sacks due to cpu QB getting rid of ball, stats, etc). I only wish they could figure out a way to implement patches in a way that didn't force us to restart franchises already in progress .... but maybe that's not possible?

I only play offline and when I start a franchise I typically take a weak team and develop them over at least 5 years. Then if I'm bored with that team I will quit that team and move on to another project (ala Parcells). Of course to do that you have to control more than one team in the current franchise mode. Playing this way, it really stinks to have to restart everything when a patch is released so I end up not playing any meaningful franchises until all patches have been released?

One of my biggest wishes for next year ... make it so franchise mode allows us to be hired on as a head coach, fired as a head coach, and allow us the ability to quit as a head coach after a contract is up (just like it is in NCAA). That way I can make franchise mode stay fresh much longer than the current system, AND it's more realistic.

As far as I'm concerned they could completely eliminate "Owner" options in this game and replace them with "Coach" options ... or have both!

Last edited by Steeler99; 11-13-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #452
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I only wish they could figure out a way to implement patches in a way that didn't force us to restart franchises already in progress .... but maybe that's not possible?
Are you sure you have to restart a franchise for the patch to work? I have a franchise that I started back in August that now has the Broadcast angle. So how come that works but the other fixes wouldn't?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Are you sure you have to restart a franchise for the patch to work? I have a franchise that I started back in August that now has the Broadcast angle. So how come that works but the other fixes wouldn't?
The rumor is that Patch 2 won't apply to existing franchises.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #454
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
The rumor is that Patch 2 won't apply to existing franchises.
Does that rumor have merit? I would hate to have to restart my 'chise.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #455
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Ian said that this patch wasnt trough, So do anyone think its a might that in this patch we may get back the draft info?... Man this would help out so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #456
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Ian said that this patch wasnt trough, So do anyone think its a might that in this patch we may get back the draft info?... Man this would help out so much.
No, IIRC Josh Looman said this couldn't be done.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »