Home

Human INT rate too high

This is a discussion on Human INT rate too high within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #25
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Human INT rate too high

Lower the sliders yourself or use Playmakers'. Playmakers' slider set is one of the best sets I've ever played with in any football game before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #26
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Wonder if this is an AWR thing. QBs like Manning don't seem to do this much (then again, it could be that the game doesn't even let those receivers get covered, heh), and Brady will carve me up with Welker if given half a chance.
Nah, it doesn't matter. I just played the Colts and Manning threw bad pass after bad pass. Sounds like you just got a lucky game. Everyone once in awhile they can go a few games without throwing bad passes. It seems to get worse when they are pressured or when they have a long time. It's like there's only a window between the two where they make rational passes.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #27
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah, there's been a lot of misinformation on here about the PlayCalling. That's a setting that just affects 'how' you call plays. It doesn't have anything to do with the AI. When you set it, read the description (do so form in game / settings), there's a really good description there. If you are seeing any changes, it's all in your mind.
Sorry,but this is not true at all.
I've conducted several experiments regarding this (advanced vs hardcore),and have come to the conclusion that there IS a difference in how the cpu plays.

In advanced,the cpu will "bring the house" damn near all the time vs hardcore...they will still blitz,but at a much more realistic clip.

Also on hardcore,the cpu will attempt way more deep passes when compared to advanced.
I know for a FACT what I've witnessed was not "in my mind"...I even switched back to advanced playcalling to test the theory,and sure enough...all the same problems reared their ugly head....crazy cpu blitzing and dinking and dunking cpu qb play.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #28
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Sorry,but this is not true at all.
I've conducted several experiments regarding this (advanced vs hardcore),and have come to the conclusion that there IS a difference in how the cpu plays.

In advanced,the cpu will "bring the house" damn near all the time vs hardcore...they will still blitz,but at a much more realistic clip.

Also on hardcore,the cpu will attempt way more deep passes when compared to advanced.
I know for a FACT what I've witnessed was not "in my mind"...I even switched back to advanced playcalling to test the theory,and sure enough...all the same problems reared their ugly head....crazy cpu blitzing and dinking and dunking cpu qb play.
Like I said, read the description for the setting.

I haven't seen any difference in how it plays whether it's on beginner or hardcore, only in what's available for you to choose from the menu system just as the description they provide explains. Quite honestly the only 'FACT' that we have is the in game description for the setting, which backs up the explanation I have provided.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #29
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

The Play Call Style is for your play call style, not the comps. I'm playing on it and see absolutely no difference at all in how the AI plays. It doesn't change the game at all. Here's the quote from the in menu explanation (since there's none at the launch screen).

This is quoted verbatim.

Quote:
Play Call Style
Select the way you want to call plays. Beginner selects the plays for you. Intermediate gives you the choice of run, pass, and kick. Advanced allows you to select from all formations and all plays in the playbook. Hardcore is a specially tuned mode that is reserved for gamers that know everything about football and need no help.
Hardcore is the best choice. You don't have to cycle through those other useless menus. Now, if only it didn't go to a Madden selection on every 4th down. Then Hardcore would be nigh perfect.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
It's still too much blitzing. Leaves the middle of the field open very very often.

Quote:
I don't see the AI make very many deep passes on Hardcore. Most of the passes the AI makes, even with time to throw, are short to intermediate (0-15 yards).

Quote:
I see that on Hardcore myself.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 AM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Like I said, read the description for the setting.

I haven't seen any difference in how it plays whether it's on beginner or hardcore, only in what's available for you to choose from the menu system just as the description they provide explains. Quite honestly the only 'FACT' that we have is the in game description for the setting, which backs up the explanation I have provided.
I've already read the description,and you can believe what ever you need to,your "explanation" has no bearing on what I've witnessed.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 AM   #32
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
The Play Call Style is for your play call style, not the comps. I'm playing on it and see absolutely no difference at all in how the AI plays. It doesn't change the game at all. Here's the quote from the in menu explanation (since there's none at the launch screen).
....to say it doesn't change the game??
The change was clearly evident as soon as I changed from advanced.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »