Home

The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

This is a discussion on The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Every football game ever made be it previous Maddens or the 2k series or Apf you had to make House rules. There are exploits in every game if you choose to use them. If you are looking for the perfect game keep looking cause you are never gonna find it....
Don't even compare the gameplay of APF to madden 10. The exploits in APF were minimal compared to madden 10 and you know it.

The ratings don't ever matter in M10, unless you're a QB or HB. Stop trying to defend this game.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-24-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont see how people dont see the huge upgrade 10 is over 09. Like previously mentioned no game will be prefect but this game is much improved and I didnt have to work hard to see these improvements.
That's not saying much.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont see how people dont see the huge upgrade 10 is over 09. Like previously mentioned no game will be prefect but this game is much improved and I didnt have to work hard to see these improvements.

Most people that dislike this game would still say it's better than 09. But that doesnt say much. As they say in the military, it's still a s### sandwich, it's just not a sloppy one.

Also, if people think the cpu picks up on tendencies, they obviously haven't seen versus2 video hitting the slot wr on crossing routes 30 times in a row and also never throw to the flats.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Most people that dislike this game would still say it's better than 09. But that doesnt say much. As they say in the military, it's still a s### sandwich, it's just not a sloppy one.

Also, if people think the cpu picks up on tendencies, they obviously haven't seen versus2 video hitting the slot wr on crossing routes 30 times in a row and also never throw to the flats.
Its funny because I take the same stance when it comes to the NCAA series! LOL

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

This game doesn't pick up tendencies; lol, people are just lying to themselves because Madden 10 is their only option for a football simulation. If I'm playing as the Eagles in my franchise, and Parker has 10 sacks by week 5, you would think the adaptive AI would kick in and the CPU would slide protection over to Parker, but since adaptive AI doesn't exist, the CPU changes nothing. If Westbrook is on pace to have 1000 yard rushing and receiving, you would think CPU would try to focus on him, but since THERE IS NO ADAPTIVE AI, the CPU keeps doing the same thing.

And to all the people who are praising this game, don't lie to me and tell me that you don't notice that it's a lot easier to get sacks/pressure with the LDE that the RDE, when the teams best pass rusher is generally the RDE.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-24-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Anytime you have to implement house rules in order to enjoy a game, there's a problem. The more I played madden 10, the more I hated it because I saw it for what it really was, which is a very poor effort.

The only time stars stand out is if they're a running back, or a QB. Every other player is interchangable ; that's makes the franchise mode a waste of time. The devs didn't spend that much time on franchise anyway.
Couldn't disagree more, bud. I run an OF with NO rules on gameplay, and we're having a blast. It's a bunch of APF heads who have taken up Madden, so maybe it's the crowd, but I generally find this game to require less effort to play straight and not more.

Regarding player differentiation, I can tell you that there's a serious difference between Joey Porter and Quentin Moses, both in the pass rush and in run defense. There's a big difference between a guy like Patrick Willis, who plays sideline to sideline and will kill you in coverage and Akin Ayodele, who will make solid plays but few spectacular ones. There's a big difference between Sean Smith, who will make great plays on the ball but also misrecognize routes and Darrell Revis, who is much more consistent. And there's a big difference between Ted Ginn, who is explosive but who runs poor routes and consequently doesn't separate consistently, and Roddy White, who is also fast but has much more consistent hands and much stronger route running ability to create separation.

I could go on and on, but as an APF guy my favorite thing was player differentiation. In this game, I see it too, and it'd done very well, even if by different means (ratings vs. abilities).

This is definitely the most fun I've had in sports gaming, and the OF element is huge. You skip over all the weird CPU AI issues.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the game has made a lot of strides this year and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I also think they're set up to improve it just as much for next year.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Couldn't disagree more, bud. I run an OF with NO rules on gameplay, and we're having a blast. It's a bunch of APF heads who have taken up Madden, so maybe it's the crowd, but I generally find this game to require less effort to play straight and not more.

Regarding player differentiation, I can tell you that there's a serious difference between Joey Porter and Quentin Moses, both in the pass rush and in run defense. There's a big difference between a guy like Patrick Willis, who plays sideline to sideline and will kill you in coverage and Akin Ayodele, who will make solid plays but few spectacular ones. There's a big difference between Sean Smith, who will make great plays on the ball but also misrecognize routes and Darrell Revis, who is much more consistent. And there's a big difference between Ted Ginn, who is explosive but who runs poor routes and consequently doesn't separate consistently, and Roddy White, who is also fast but has much more consistent hands and much stronger route running ability to create separation.

I could go on and on, but as an APF guy my favorite thing was player differentiation. In this game, I see it too, and it'd done very well, even if by different means (ratings vs. abilities).

This is definitely the most fun I've had in sports gaming, and the OF element is huge. You skip over all the weird CPU AI issues.
Porter and Moses will both be great as run defense because the olineman will forget to block them, lol. No doubt Patrick Willis will kill you in coverage because lbs are better at one handed picks than the dbs. And if you have Ted Ginn or anyone with speed put them in the slot and send them on a crossing route, your good to go.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »