Home

The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

This is a discussion on The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

I agree with the original poster, I am still having fun with this game. I like how when I play as the seahawks the running game is garbage, but I can run with the Vikings...etc. Are there flaws? yeah, but not enough to ruin the fun for me. I don't analyze every play to see if there are glitches, I don't really care.

As for using wr as corners and punters as linemen, all I have to say is.....why? If you do enough weird things you will find flaws with any game, but I don't have time to waste doing ridiculous tests like the example above. Some people are spoiled, I remember when all there was, was 5th and inches for the C64.

Some people need to get lives other than just posting on here to repeatedly rip the game at every turn.....go play something else then, don't rip me for liking the game.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #34
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Did you just start playing madden 10? Cause the more I play the more I see bugs and glitches, so I stopped playing.
That's the same way I felt. The more I played the more aggrivated I became. It was too much bugs and horrible AI. I couldn't take it anymore.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I'm not lying to myself, or to you, or to anyone else, lol.

Wow, what a waste of digital breath this Madden forum is. It seems as though no post is legitimate over here that doesn't rip the game and its developers while coming to the conclusion that this is the greatest travesty in sports gaming.

I just don't get it. But I don't really have to, either, I suppose. I'm pretty sure that if you tried hard (and it seems like you have), you could pervert and render shameful any sports game in existence. But the fact that you're able to do that isn't quite the argument against the game that it's made out to be, especially if you play with people who don't go to such extravagant lengths do find and dwell on imperfection.

This thread was about liking the game more with time, but it appears that one can't agree with that statement without a trolling post immediately following stating that enjoyment of the game is delusional.

There's something just a little wrong with that.

To the point of the thread, I'm seeing more and more player and team differentiation the longer I play the game, and I'm really enjoying that.
How am I trolling ? You're saying why you like the game ; I'm saying why I hate it. If expressing a negative point of view automatically makes me a troll, your postive point of view automatically makes you a fanboy.

Take a look at this post. It was a poll that asked what people thought was the best game of all time. What game do you think I voted for ?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040274096

Also, don't be fooled my the sig.

My sig changed as I saw the game for what it really was. It went from

"We wanted NFL 2k10, Madden 10 will be the same difference "

To

"Madden 10 is a series of corrections, not innovations,

To

" It's going to be crap next year too"

To

" If madden 10 is all we've got, then I'm afriad we've got nothing"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That's the same way I felt. The more I played the more aggrivated I became. It was too much bugs and horrible AI. I couldn't take it anymore.
I agree with your post, but not the first part of your sig. The second part is spot on.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #37
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
How am I trolling ? You're saying why you like the game ; I'm saying why I hate it. If expressing a negative point of view automatically makes me a troll, your postive point of view automatically makes you a fanboy.

Take a look at this post. It was a poll that asked what people thought was the best game of all time. What game do you think I voted for ?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040274096

Also, don't be fooled my the sig.

My sig changed as I saw the game for what it really was. It went from

"We wanted NFL 2k10, Madden 10 will be the same difference "

To

"Madden 10 is a series of corrections, not innovations,

To

" It's going to be crap next year too"

To

" If madden 10 is all we've got, then I'm afriad we've got nothing"

great opinion

but don't fool yourself....it's just your opinion.....not fact.....not gospel.

move along
Old 10-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
great opinion

but don't fool yourself....it's just your opinion.....not fact.....not gospel.

move along
Um...if a punter can block Jared Allen like the punter is an all-pro LT, that pretty much proves that madden 10 is in fact a poor simulation of football. People who like the game, like it despite the fact that it's a poor simulation of the sport of football.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #39
DickDalewood

OVR:

I agree with the OP. Madden is a very fun game this year.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 1

As much as I hammered this game the first few weeks it came out, I have to say that I am genuinely liking it a lot now. The last time I played a madden past early september was madden 07 on the ps2 but I actually play two online games a day as soon as I get home from work.

The patch really helped a lot because if the run blocking had not been fixed I dont think I would be enjoying it as much as I am. I have to commend Ian and the rest of the developers with how they handled all of the post release issues with the game.

The game still has some issues but overall it is a great improvement over the 06-09 current gen maddens and it is actually enjoyable to play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »