Home

Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Shows Strength in September within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

I, for one, want profit to follow this Madden so that there will be no economic disincentive to continue the work that Ian and company are doing. M10 was a HUGE leap in terms of game philosophy and on-field product, and I don't want anything in the way of another such leap for '11. So the more sales the better!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Good for them. If it sells, great. I'm not an EA stockholder so I have no financial stake in their success. But I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone who works for them get laid off because their profits/sales are down. I'm not a sadist. I want Madden to be good and I want people to like it. I'm not one of these "EA is the Devil" people.
I can understand that; however, the whip has to crack from somewhere.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

It would be better if the team could put a patch to replace collinsworth as a commentator. If that happens, my 59.99 is all worth it. ^_^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

I love Collinsworth though. Get rid of Hammond!

Madden should rebound, with the economy rebounding.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I, for one, want profit to follow this Madden so that there will be no economic disincentive to continue the work that Ian and company are doing. M10 was a HUGE leap in terms of game philosophy and on-field product, and I don't want anything in the way of another such leap for '11. So the more sales the better!
It seems as if Madden 10 is the beginning of some real next-gen football gaming. The Afl legacy I downloaded for free was really sweet.
I had no idea what Afl game presentation was until I finally played a game w/ it.
I want the online franchise to really take a leap in M11. How about online franchise co-op. That just seems like a sure hit imo.

Anyway for those that think EA is slipping , sorry but thats just not happening, especially w/ the console price drops.
Just take a look at EA's lineup of games now. From Fifa, to boxing, to Football, etc. etc. They are really doing some positive things for the sports world.
I'm not a stockholder in EA but w/ me owning quite of few of these sports games its good to see some positive news around these boards here.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Now lets hear your anti-EA/Madden mantra

Is it better than 09? Sure. Was the presentation upgrade appreciated? Sure. Should it sell more than 09? Sure.

Should we have to wait 3 months after release for patches to resolve significant issues?

Uh, no.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

Not really surprised. I for one dont care about football until the season starts. So I always wait. The other issue is patches. Allot of people are waiting until the patches to come out before they buy it.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Banned

dfos81's Arena

I know they can get better and they have all the tools to do so.

This years Madden seems to be living up to the hype, which is a pleasant surprise.
The EA/Madden flamers will always be lurking, like a common cold.
But belive me, they have never kept me from enjoying a good football game when I see one.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »