Home

Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Shows Strength in September within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I'm happy that you're happy about madden 10's success ; are you happy about the fact that the game was shipped, and still is broken. ?

Are you happy about the fact that stats don't compute properly in franchise mode and it's almost November ? Are you happy that franchise mode has zero additions, but has somethings that were substracted from the franchise mode ? Are you happy that the ratings with the exception of the HB and QB are meaningless ? Meaningless ratings render the franchise mode usless.
I'm happy.

And the term "broken" is subjective to each individual who is playing the game or has played the game. For myself, the game isn't "broken". It has flaws, but I can play and get enjoyment out of the game, which is all that I seek in any video game I purchase.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Just because a game gets patched doesn't mean that game is broken. If the feature/area of the game is rendering a game or part of the unplayable, than it's broken; which Madden 10 clearly is.
Then I guess MLB '09 The Show is broken because the 60-day DL doesn't work properly.

I guess NBA2k10 is broken because online fatigue doesn't work.

NHL '10 is broken because the roster managment of cpu controlled teams is screwed up.

NBA Live '10 is broken because the dynasty stats are too low.

By your logic, every single sports video game thats released is somehow "broken".

Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm happy.

And the term "broken" is subjective to each individual who is playing the game or has played the game. For myself, the game isn't "broken". It has flaws, but I can play and get enjoyment out of the game, which is all that I seek in any video game I purchase.
The term broken isn't subjective. If something doesn't function properly or function at all(IR), it is in fact broken. The Ratings are broken, that's a fact. Franchise stats are broken, that's a fact. I can't play the game because of those facts. Every team is virtually the same with the only differences being that QB, HB, uniforms and the stadiums they play in. Oline and Dline are interchangeable; that makes it pointless to start a franchise. I don't feel playing the game and pretending that the ratings matter. I'm not going to pay a highly rated olinemen or Dlinemen a lot of money and pretend that it matters. I'm run different plays to pretend that I have to do that in order to win games when in fact I can run the same exact play an have better success in order to pretend the adaptive AI actually exist in the game. I'm just going to take out the game out of my xbox 360 and voice my opinions about it until they or somebody releases a quality football simulation that I can purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21

People complain about the so-called "Madden Haters," but this whole thread seems designed to egg people into an argument.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Then I guess MLB '09 The Show is broken because the 60-day DL doesn't work properly.

I guess NBA2k10 is broken because online fatigue doesn't work.

NHL '10 is broken because the roster managment of cpu controlled teams is screwed up.

NBA Live '10 is broken because the dynasty stats are too low.

By your logic, every single sports video game thats released is somehow "broken".
Are the RATINGS broken in any of those games ? Because ratings are what drives any sports game. The ratings(especially in the trenches) are broken in Madden 10.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
The term broken isn't subjective. If something doesn't function properly or function at all(IR), it is in fact broken. The Ratings are broken, that's a fact. Franchise stats are broken, that's a fact. I can't play the game because of those facts. Every team is virtually the same with the only differences being that QB, HB, uniforms and the stadiums they play in. Oline and Dline are interchangeable; that makes it pointless to start a franchise. I don't feel playing the game and pretending that the ratings matter. I'm not going to pay a highly rated olinemen or Dlinemen a lot of money and pretend that it matters. I'm run different plays to pretend that I have to do that in order to win games when in fact I can run the same exact play an have better success in order to pretend the adaptive AI actually exist in the game. I'm just going to take out the game out of my xbox 360 and voice my opinions about it until they or somebody releases a quality football simulation that I can purchase.
Just because you can't play the game because of certain flaws doesn't equate to the game being "broken". Maybe its broken to you, but its not to others who are playing and enjoying the game, despite whatever flaws/glitches may/may not exist. That my friend, makes the term "broken" subjective.

Broken means that something is not usable/playable, and that isn't the case. If the game crashed when trying to play franchise mode then its broken. If the game crashed when loading, then its broken. Flaws, bugs, glitches do not render a game broken by all, only by those who can't get passed those shortcomings.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Are the RATINGS broken in any of those games ? Because ratings are what drives any sports game. The ratings(especially in the trenches) are broken in Madden 10.

Thats it man...stick to what works for ya.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
People complain about the so-called "Madden Haters," but this whole thread seems designed to egg people into an argument.
Actually the thread was just a report of an article that was posted over a Pastapadre's website. If someone disagreed with his sentiments or those of anyone in here, they could've just bypassed the thread.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »