Home

A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2

This is a discussion on A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2

I used to work for EB before I was a teacher, so I think I can make sense of this. Gamers, have a short attention span and trade in games rather quickly. I mention that I am a teacher because when talking to my students, they tell me that they are constantly trading in games (SIDE NOTE: Most of the kids at my school who have Madden LOVE it). ESPECIALLY SPORT GAMES. People on these boards have to take into consideration that we are the minority, and we tend to hold onto our games longer. TRADING IN A GAME DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE GAMES.

Money is tight for people, and they may not be playing Madden as much as when they bought it. So they traded in Madden for CODMW2, big deal. Games are traded in all the time.

By the way, Christmas shopping season is here. Parents, girlfriends, etc, will be buying Madden for people in their lives. Sales will go up. This does not mean that Madden has all of a sudden gotten better, people are just buying it for gifts. NO MORE, NO LESS!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

any thinks the patch not being released yet was part of the reasoning for so many returns? i mean its only half way through the season...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Honestly I think if you saw a lot of Madden copies being traded in now that's a GOOD THING for EA. A lot of Madden copies get traded in like a month, maybe two, after it comes out. People have extremely short attention spans now and for that many copies to be traded in 4 months or so after it's been out bodes well for EA's improvements paying off and people enjoying the game more than in past years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

Trade in games have impact on new game sales. We are coming into the Christmas season and Madden is being sold for 10 to 15 dollars less than a new copy. People will walk out with the cheaper price.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 21

The true test will be how many people spend the $5 to buy another online franchise with the used copy they have. I went to my local Gamestop and was blown away by the number of used copies. I talked to the manager and he said they actually have to regulate copies of used games and ship them to other stores to ensure they all have a suitable amount of used stock on hand.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
The true test will be how many people spend the $5 to buy another online franchise with the used copy they have. I went to my local Gamestop and was blown away by the number of used copies. I talked to the manager and he said they actually have to regulate copies of used games and ship them to other stores to ensure they all have a suitable amount of used stock on hand.
oh, I forgot about the 5 bones extra for online franchise.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #15
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Trade in games have impact on new game sales. We are coming into the Christmas season and Madden is being sold for 10 to 15 dollars less than a new copy. People will walk out with the cheaper price.
The store takes the loss on the lower sale prices unless the lower price point comes from EA (and it hasn't since EA is still selling it directly for $60). EA receives the same amount of money they otherwise would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Honestly i don't see why ANYONE trades in games to these stores and gets so little for them when you can easily get 2x as much usually on craigslist. I was trying to buy Madden a week or two ago and people were on there selling them for $40-45 and I know at least one guy got that because I told him i'd take his copy and he said he already sold it.

So how much was the trade in at the store, like $20-25?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »