Home

Madden needs even more streched ratings.

This is a discussion on Madden needs even more streched ratings. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden needs even more streched ratings.

I think they should make KR and PR an actual position you can make a player, not just a spot on the depth chart. That way, you don't have to stare at 50-60 ratings when that player is not a very good receiver or something, but they are a great return man.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I think they should make KR and PR an actual position you can make a player, not just a spot on the depth chart. That way, you don't have to stare at 50-60 ratings when that player is not a very good receiver or something, but they are a great return man.
or they make it so when a player like josh cribbs or devin hester can be in the 90s when under KR/PR on the depth chart but would have a different rating under the WR chart

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am pretty sure thats the way they are rated when you look at them at the kr or pr position. I think they are rated 99 overall or atleast close cant remeber.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexis
or they make it so when a player like josh cribbs or devin hester can be in the 90s when under KR/PR on the depth chart but would have a different rating under the WR chart

Isn't this the case already?

I know I've looked at guys that are higher in KR/PR in the depth chart but are pretty average in WR/CB.

Ladarius Webb comes to mind. He's 90 in KR depth chart, I believe, but in the 70s in the CB chart.

Percy Harvin is a 99 in the KR depth chart, but in the 70's as a WR

Mike Thomas, 93 KR depth chart rating, 70 WR depth chart rating
Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

OVR Ratings aren't that important. The individual ones are.

What EA needs to do is move away from this 0-99 rating junk. Move to a more objective measuring scale for things like speed.

Have awareness be a function that depends on amount of practice put in (implies actually making practice a integrated part of franchise, not just a useless mode)

And I suppose that some sort of subjective "explosiveness" could be tagged on at the end.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Isn't this the case already?

I know I've looked at guys that are higher in KR/PR in the depth chart but are pretty average in WR/CB.

Ladarius Webb comes to mind. He's 90 in KR depth chart, I believe, but in the 70s in the CB chart.

Percy Harvin is a 99 in the KR depth chart, but in the 70's as a WR

Mike Thomas, 93 KR depth chart rating, 70 WR depth chart rating
I wish the Return attribute would be raised and lowered, and more stretched out. I see way too many guys at 99 in PR/KR.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

I feel they still do need to stretch out the ratings as well. There are way too many players in certain positions rated over 90 in my opinion.

I feel the over 90 rating should be the elite players in the NFL. After all that is the A potential range.

A average starter should be in the 70's; C potential
A good started should be in the 80's; B potential
A great starter should be in the 90's; A potential

I mean at any given moment how many HoF players should there be in any given position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

Abilities rock because it is a more logical way to characterize people and give life to the game. If players are all a bunch of code and are compared as such, some of the immersiveness of the game is lost in my opinion. I always got really into APF because of abilities and looking at the game more like a sport and less like just some video game. It takes you into another mindset. Some aspects of APF, like the ability system, are what make it feel more alive than any sport game I've personally played.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »