Home

Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

This is a discussion on Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #41
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Its time to cut out the arguing.

Some of you guys have less than 200 posts which mean you will be banned if you ignore this mods warning and get an infraction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

This game brings out the passions in people like none other.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #43
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Seriously I don't even understand why people are stressing, it will come out when it comes out....talking about it won't make them release it faster...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
This game brings out the passions in people like none other.
Any game (bad or good) is fun to debate for me. Madden's pretty much in the middle...good because it's slowly improving (first time I got a franchise past year 3 in years) and satisfies the NFL craving, bad because there are still an abundance of flaws.

Believe me, I'm impatiently waiting for this patch like a lot of people here, but I've got so much else to play I guess it just doesn't bother me as much. I'm as curious as the next guy why we still don't have the patch notes, though...
Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
Any game (bad or good) is fun to debate for me. Madden's pretty much in the middle...good because it's slowly improving (first time I got a franchise past year 3 in years) and satisfies the NFL craving, bad because there are still an abundance of flaws.

Believe me, I'm impatiently waiting for this patch like a lot of people here, but I've got so much else to play I guess it just doesn't bother me as much. I'm as curious as the next guy why we still don't have the patch notes, though...
Good thoughts, KB--and I agree wholeheartedly. I get the frustrations--I really do--but I've also, as you posted earlier, have learned to accept the game for what it is:

1. Stats are a wee bit off. Okay. No big deal, and they aren't bad. I remember the PS2 versions of NCAA and Madden in years past, when the sim stats were totally whacked.

2. If I want to stay "real," then I need to control all 32 teams. Often tedious, but necessary.

3. Scouting is silly easy. Even so, I take it for what it is, draft the players I want, and sit them on the depth chart until their OVR dictates that they start. I draft for every team, and keep track of the "A" and "B" potential rookies. I spread 'em around, and don't take 'em all for my team.

4. Even with sliders, I'm going to win a lot, because I enjoy a stud CAP QB with my name. it does throw things off. But after 3 seasons with the Chiefs, I haven't gotten to the SB yet. 2009: 6-10. 2010: 13-3, lost AFC Championship to the Patriots, who defeated the Saints in the SB. In 2011, so far I'm 9-2, heading into a tough stretch. I may have a home game in the playoffs, but not a bye. Lost to the Titans and Chargers, both of whom are 10-1.

Long story short: It's a beautiful game, eminently playable, and is what we make of it.

But the patch should be worth waiting for--I hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Seriously I don't even understand why people are stressing, it will come out when it comes out....talking about it won't make them release it faster...
You post this in just about every thread I have seen about the patch. I dont see alot of people stressing, its perfectly normal for people to have a conversation about something if nothing else to share ideas or pass the time. Something you might also want to consider is the holidays tend to lead to alot of time and travel for people, its not out of the ordinary for people to want the game "fixed" before the time they can devote the game becomes more limited.

You posting about not understanding the making of these threads, or why others aren't as patient as you wont stop them. Quite honestly, if you dont want to read or respond to them, just dont open them. The OP made very little doubt in the title as to what the thread would be about.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

My only deal is that I've waited all this time to start my franchise because of this update. I never dreamed it would be Thanksgiving and we would still be waiting for the "big" patch. I haven't tried the franchise mode at all because of things I've seen in gameplay that definitely make me want to wait...i.e. too many open passes to the flats, that are supposed to be fixed. So I think...one more week, then another week and then months go by. I've got other things to do but it does get frustrating.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #48
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

im just glad that madden is at least playable at the moment. of course, the game would be much better with the patch, but its still playable

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »