Home

Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #105
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Hey wait a second, isn't that how products and services are sold? A person states what their product can do and the consumer buys that based upon what it was stated to do and expects that benefit? So we can misrepresent the products we sell and it's all good without worrying about legal action? If that how it works, then apparently I'm working in the wrong damn business.
You are correct. I just get a little tired of reading people complaining about feature lists and updates not being released early enough, and then when the devs do release the feature lists and something ends up missing from the final version, people jump all over them.

We need to understand that the earlier the feature lists are released, the more likely that it won't be 100% representative of what ends up in the final product. You can't have it both ways. There are too many of us who have our expectations way out in left field.

For the record, I'm also impressed by what the team has been able to do this year with the game, and the subsequent updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 11

I look forward to the update as it appears it will give Madden '10 more of a "finished" feel rather than a beta feel, IMHO. Kudos to them once delivered.

That said, my hope is that going forward, perhaps title updates could be used more for enhancing the game and less for fixing significant issues (i.e., significant issues are ironed out prior to release so as not to have to exercise the luxury of a title update to remove them).
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
You are correct. I just get a little tired of reading people complaining about feature lists and updates not being released early enough, and then when the devs do release the feature lists and something ends up missing from the final version, people jump all over them.

We need to understand that the earlier the feature lists are released, the more likely that it won't be 100% representative of what ends up in the final product. You can't have it both ways. There are too many of us who have our expectations way out in left field.

For the record, I'm also impressed by what the team has been able to do this year with the game, and the subsequent updates.
I hear where you coming from. I think EA needs to step away from even saying things that may not happen so they can cover their behind, that way people can't jump on them. The stadium sounds should be there regardless. It was in the last-gen Maddens (01-07) on PS2 and XBox. Why is not in the current-gen systems, I have no idea. No reason for us to go on the route, starts a whole new, but really old argument.

I can understand the complaints about the updates taking too long. The NFL season will be over by the time the patch arrives, which is sad. That may hurt casual gamers, but a person like me can play Madden all year. Which wouldn't hurt me since I usually wait for a game to drop to $35 before buying anyway. ($65 is a joke for any game)

The only thing people can do now is either accept the update for what it is or don't buy it all and hope for Madden 11.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I'm appreciative of the update. I mean, hell, I liked the game before the first update was released so this will make it even better...HOWEVER.... I would have much rather them fixed field degredation and dirty uniforms before adding tribute stickers?

Oh and random weather. Argggg

About uniforms, its nothing but a color palette right? Do color palettes take up disk space, its not actual code or anything, or is it? ****, you should be able to run through the color spectrum as far as I'm concerned.

Cant you run through colors when creating a team? If so, why is it difficult to leave that open for the real squads.... I should be able to make the Browns whatever the hell color I want, lol.

I dont know, thats just me. Seems like
1. Random weather
2. Messy uniforms
3. field degredation
4. Colors for uniforms

would be alot easier to make happen over actual A.I coding like the flats coverage. Hey, what do I know, lol.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I hope all of you complaining about being "promised" things that weren't delivered enjoy receiving less and less updates prior to release of games and patches, because this is exactly what you are encouraging here. Why would the team want to release info on upcoming products when the community will only use it against them in the future?
Then they should put in what they say will be in the game. Otherwise, they should say stuff AFTER it's in the game. I.e. they put feature X in Madden 11, come to the community saying "You guys will be excited about feature X!" That way it's already in the game, THEN hype it up.

I mean, why release a list of 20 things release info if only 5 of them will be in the game? What's the point of that? What else is that game's community going to think when they see so many things "left out" from the original list?

If you hype up your product and it doesn't deliver on most/all of the hype, expect the consumers of that product to be disappointed "justified" or not.

I don't think EA should get to have it "both ways" either. Put out a list of a bunch of stuff, only a little bit of the list gets in, and then we just say "it's okay because we know feature lists aren't 100% accurate."

I would rather be "encouraging" later, but more accurate feature lists than "early long lists of exciting features and only about 1/4 of it will be in" sort of mentality.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #110
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That was purposely done to try to fix the terrible pursuit angles. Which I hope they got rid of.
So, logically, if pursuit angles are fixed so is the stuttering running?

I may have to buy Madden again.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #111
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
So, logically, if pursuit angles are fixed so is the stuttering running?

I may have to buy Madden again.

I just hope with this that more solo tackles happen. Because gang tackles happen way to frenquently. Has anyone noticed when a gang tackle happens no one get a solo tackle?? In the NFL the first person to make contact with the ball carrier always get the solo tackle but in this no one gets a solo only assited tackles.??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #112
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope the cpu QB doesn't get sacked too much now. Overall, I am happy with the patch, most notably the flats being fixed a lot of guys are going to have to retire from online now that flats have been fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »