Home

Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #121
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This patch is trash if all they fixed were stats and cut scenes,but i did hate the chain gang and finding out if it was a first down or not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
This patch is trash if all they fixed were stats and cut scenes,but i did hate the chain gang and finding out if it was a first down or not
Why do you think that? 95% of everyone else thinks this is a very good patch and a worthy update - yet you disagree with a very large majority, but don't say why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I look forward to the update as it appears it will give Madden '10 more of a "finished" feel rather than a beta feel, IMHO. Kudos to them once delivered.

That said, my hope is that going forward, perhaps title updates could be used more for enhancing the game and less for fixing significant issues (i.e., significant issues are ironed out prior to release so as not to have to exercise the luxury of a title update to remove them).
Since sports games are yearly releases, they always ship with more bugs than your average shooter which has anywhere from, say, 2-3 years in development. The reason being that the devs have a lot less time to iron out the bugs, so they usually go for the game breakers and just leave small stuff in there to address the next year and in patches.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 5

Wouldn't it be nice if this thing would just come out.........sick of waiting.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
Ummm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I posted this in the other Patch 2 thread. I don't know which one is the "official" one?

Anyways, here is the list of fixes from both blogs I put together.

Gameplay

Tuned flat zone coverage to be more effective

Improved pursuit angles for defensive players

Tuned QB throwing out of sacks (increased chances of CPU QB taking a sack, lowered trajectory of throws when QB is hit while throwing to cut down on INTs, better arm tracking to determine if it should be an inaccurate or uncontrolled throw)

Fixed some instances where a receiver would be ruled inbounds even if he only got one foot down on a catch

Fixed a rare problem where under certain circumstances the ball would actually pass through a player when he dropped the pass

Added an initial move to the RB on the HB direct snap plays so he can’t immediately take off after receiving the snap

Forced a QB drop initial move to force him to set up for a pass on Shotgun play action plays when you canceled the play action by hot routing the running back

Disallowed the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff

Resolved the exploit of being able to motion a receiver after flipping the play which caused the defender to go the other way

Fixed the bug where the QB could drift through the center when you repeatedly hot routed with certain quarterbacks

Fixed the clock running at incorrect times after an incomplete pass went out of bounds.

Presentation

Doubled amount of time replays can be recorded (long plays won't have beginning cut off)

Increased auto replay frequency (more frequent after touchdowns)

Reduced number of times chain gang measurement scene appears

Extended time in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early

Franchise

Tuned sim stats (more 3-4 OLB sacks, more RB TDs, less QB passing yards and TD passes)

Decreased injury chances for players with high injury ratings

Draft info added to player profile screen

Uniform Corrections

Seattle Seahawks white pants at home

Seattle Seahawks green alternates added

Tribute stickers on Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and Eagles' helmets for Jim Johnson

Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 8

I must admit, im not happy about this patch. I was hoping for gameplay fixes not uniforms. I want the game to represent real football. It may look like a a 256bit game, but it plays like an 8bit game. I just feel let down, and i think this will be the last madden ive purchased after 11 years of buying madden. It seems EA Tiburan only hears wat they want to here, and dont pay attention to the real problems and issues. Hopefully i miss read the article and they are fixing the flat, man and zone coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 34

I find the lack of general reading comprehension, to be utterly astonishing at times.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #127
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I find the lack of general reading comprehension, to be utterly astonishing at times.
Try actually being responsible for reading it for a week.

Please, people. Read the entire thread before you post. Half the questions that have been asked are already answered. Half the people complaining about "Gameplay fixes being replaced with uniforms" miss the fact that they are tuning a lot of gameplay issues.

Hell, none of us have seen the patch, and we know some things are always thrown in under the hood. But of course no one will talk about that. No one wants to be "jocking EA" because that's not what the cool kids do, right?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #128
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

This needs to be repeated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
We're going to use this as the the patch thread. The rules follow over:

If you come in this thread and bash the devs or whine about the patch not being released or what is in the patch, you will be given a red card, celled, or banned. This thread is for MATURE conversation about the patch, not your chance to spread your agenda.

This is your one and only warning.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »