Home

END ALL SOLUTION TO ALL STATS!!! Lets get it in Madden 11

This is a discussion on END ALL SOLUTION TO ALL STATS!!! Lets get it in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
END ALL SOLUTION TO ALL STATS!!! Lets get it in Madden 11

all we need is one simple option to fix it all for good....SIM QTR LENGTH. all the old maddens had this and so does most sports games to date. why this was taken out is beyond me.

u start with setting it to the qtr length ur playing then adjust from there if the stats for the cpu and simmed games seem too high or low. using the same qtr length ur playing on would prolly make the cpu a tad too low, so u just up it slightly by 1 minute until u get satisfied with the results.

example- i play on 10min qtrs so i would set the sim qtr length to 10mins. the simmed stats will most likely be a lil too low, so i would prolly end up with perfect stats for the cpu and simmed games with a sim qtr length around 11-12min qtrs. wash hands, im done and would get great stats for my franchise without having to edit this or that or do all this rocket science that shouldnt be necessary.

i think this was a bad design choice to take it out and is necessary for us all to get the stats we're after no matter what qtr length we decide to play on. think about all the poor guys who play like 5 min qtr games and will never have their stats tie in with what the stat engine generates on default. what do u guys think??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: END ALL SOLUTION TO ALL STATS!!! Lets get it in Madden 11

Sim quarter length would not change the fact that Runningbacks are averaging over 7 yards a carry.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sim quarter length would not change the fact that Runningbacks are averaging over 7 yards a carry.
Exactly. Sim Quarter length is necessary and could help us with some stat issues but the yards per carry needs to be fixed by EA.

We also need to be able to change player ratings during franchise in the case that EA can't get the balance right we still have a chance to fix it ourselves. And finally we should be able to change coaching philosophies without actually having to control all 32 teams so we can impact how teams play against us without giving up the chance for CPU trades to happen.

As I remember reading somewhere last spring "customization is king."
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
Banned

true true Adembroski...i guess im basing this on the assumption that whatever they had done in patch 2 would not be repeated in madden 11. in reality this would have worked prior to patch 2.

prior to patch 2, i would've been able to achieve almost perfect stats with a Sim Qtr Length option. so once they get things back to pre-patch 2 stats, sim qtr length would do the rest to add a little back on or trim a little.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 12-15-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
true true Adembroski...i guess im basing this on the assumption that whatever they had done in patch 2 would not be repeated in madden 11. in reality this would have worked prior to patch 2.

prior to patch 2, i would've been able to achieve almost perfect stats with a Sim Qtr Length option. so once they get things back to pre-patch 2 stats, sim qtr length would do the rest.
Prior to patch 2 ypc were too low, there were far too few TDs and 3-4 OLBs hardly got any sacks. Yeah, I'd take that over what we have now but it would still be far from perfect even with a sim qtr length option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Prior to patch 2 ypc were too low, there were far too few TDs and 3-4 OLBs hardly got any sacks. Yeah, I'd take that over what we have now but it would still be far from perfect even with a sim qtr length option.
yea, they have to definitely get the base stats correct 1st. that way guys can adhere to their 4-4.5 ypc and then u can adjust the sim qtr length and it would keep the ypc in line, but also add or take away more yards and hopefully td's as a result. OLB sacks, thats a base stat problem again. if they get the proportion right, the sim length could add a few more or take away a few more accordingly. there would be more OLB in the top 20 off the base stats alone, and with a change in the sim length their numbers would rise or fall in line with everyone else and stay proportionate.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 12-15-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Glad this isn't your project at EA.

It is FAR more complicated then that chief. It is taking into account ratings, coaching sliders, quarter length, play calling, team play books, I am sure the list could go on and on and on if it is done right.

Sim injuries are just as important as well.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Glad this isn't your project at EA.

It is FAR more complicated then that chief. It is taking into account ratings, coaching sliders, quarter length, play calling, team play books, I am sure the list could go on and on and on if it is done right.

Sim injuries are just as important as well.
i dont think ur understanding what im getting at. Sim qtr length cant possibly fix this mess of the base stat tuning that EA did getting ppl 7ypc and over 2000yds post patch 2. what it can do is make adjustments so u can raise or lower stats as a whole based on their base stat tuning at default 15min qtrs.

what im saying is once they fix the base stats and have them cranking out halfway realistic stat PROPORTIONS, then u can tailor the stats to your liking with picking the sim qtr length.

example

default 15min qtrs stats on madden 11 - best rb 2000yds 5.5ypc 22tds (a lil too high out the box)

you'll never compete with this so now u start adjusting sim qtr length

sim qtr length adjust 14mins - best rb 1800yds 5.5ypc 18tds
sim qtr length adjust 13mins - best rb 1600yds 5.5ypc 16tds
sim qtr length adjust 12mins - best rb 1400yds 5.5ypc 14tds
so on and so forth

now we're starting to look a little more manangeable. but see how the proportions stay the same? the stats are scaled based off the base proportions, so u can play 5min qtrs if u wanted, and be able to scale the cpu back so u can actually compete with them. as it stands now with no option, u wouldnt wanna look at stats cuz ur off the grid because of u playing shorter qtrs and the sim stats default being ridiculously high.

for me, outta the box, the sim stats are usually too high. i just want to be able to scale em back so i can get em to mesh with my 10min qtrs franchise. i get real life play counts and results, but the cpu is way high in most categories. if i wanted to match what the cpu is doing, id have to play 15min qtrs to get my tackle stats close, but then i have too much time and im scoring a gm 70pts with 800pass yds, 6tds, 300rush yds, etc etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »