Home

Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #97
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
lol okay...
Seriously don't bother. It's laughable how many of these "I'll never get Madden again..the game sucks.. last gen was sooo much better" posters say that yet live in the Madden forum. I hate certain games and never post in the threads except for wishlist etc.. Never do I go into the "Look at me" mode and continually post in the forum for that particular game. I say my peace and move on.

Madden could be better like EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE....
Enjoy it for what it does well because it's a GAME.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #98
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah and if people would stop bitching and moaning like a f'n 2 year old, throwing personal insults at the devs, and complaining for the sake of complaining, we could carry on a mature discussion with the dev team where an exchange of ideas could take place.

But we all know that will never happen, because well, we can't even have a positive thread here without people trumping it with their "issues".
Exactly, well put. I'll throw my example in here.

I posted a few posts in the Gripe Thread when it first appeared. Some people came back at me and said , if you are having a good time with the game, why are you posting in here? I thought about it and they were right. I never made a post after that in the gripe thread.

I see the same people coming back into this thread doing the same thing I did in the Gripe Thread.

Irony is an interesting thing, isn't it.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #99
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The funny thing is that when next-gen comes out in 2012-2013 we will see people talking about how great Madden 10 and Madden 11 were back on the 360/PS3, and why can't EA just make Madden 2014 like that??? LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #100
Pro

OVR: 9

I will say this, since the second patch this is the first time EVER IMO that Madden has played a very good game of football. This if the first time I felt like the game uses football chemistry to win games. Before, the game always felt like it was completely broken to real football gameplay rules.

Cheap tactics that people use like moving DL out of position, using a dime defense to stop the run, nano blitzing, rocket catching..........you get the picture. Well these things are now not as useful anymore.

Gameplay is very good right now.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #101
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Seriously don't bother. It's laughable how many of these "I'll never get Madden again..the game sucks.. last gen was sooo much better" posters say that yet live in the Madden forum. I hate certain games and never post in the threads except for wishlist etc.. Never do I go into the "Look at me" mode and continually post in the forum for that particular game. I say my peace and move on.

Madden could be better like EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE....
Enjoy it for what it does well because it's a GAME.
Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with a person not liking the game. But what gets me is how no one really (as countryboy pointed out) does it in a mature way. They all sound the same. If people started acting mature things all around would be a lot better and would more than likely improve the game since the devs would want to actually spend more time on sports gaming sites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #102
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with a person not liking the game. But what gets me is how no one really (as countryboy pointed out) does it in a mature way. They all sound the same. If people started acting mature things all around would be a lot better and would more than likely improve the game since the devs would want to actually spend more time on sports gaming sites.
Even in a mature way though..after the same post 25 times in multiple threads...it gets old. Like I said before I am one of EA's harshist critics over the years but have never went the disrespect route or made multiple carbon copy posts in multiple threads. Post your opinion and move on.
Maturity comes with age most of the time. Some of these posters are clearly spoiled kids who need to garner attention.

Anyways back on topic...

I'd probably say for a console FB game Madden 10 is the best I've played. Overall it would be FPSFB. I really enjoy Madden and while I hope they continue to improve (Get rid of things like magnet blocking!!) I'll enjoy what we have for now. I have the most fun in OF. Even though bye weeks suck lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #103
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I would say yes, I'm enjoying the game and this also shows that we belive that patch 2 is worth it. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...wnloading.html
Old 12-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #104
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
No one complains in a mature way? Have you never read Valderez's posts? And even me, you'll never see me insulting the devs or anyone else. I just want the dang replays to be realistic in frequency. Seriously, I don't ask for much; fix the commentary and replays, and I'll be 100% happy.

On the other hand, many posters seem to think that any negative comments at all about the game are bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »