Home

Left-handed QBs

This is a discussion on Left-handed QBs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Left-handed QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Not that lag, and yes I think they did fix that.

I mean if your are left handed rolling out to the right, you are backpedaling which is naturally slower than if you are rolling out in a forward motion. So it's more awkward and slower than rolling out with a right handed QB to the right.

The natural answer is just to roll out to the left but then you are rolling out to the weak side of most plays. And while you can flip plays, it just seems easier to keep it to right handed QBs for me.

Ah ok, i know exactly what youre talking about. Lefty QB's are a bit strange to use, though using them in certain plays would work good....plays designed to roll left for instance.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Ah ok, i know exactly what youre talking about. Lefty QB's are a bit strange to use, though using them in certain plays would work good....plays designed to roll left for instance.
Absolutely, though I think my 15 years of Madden gaming and rolling out to the right has rendered me useless rolling out to the left. LOL!

I only do it when I'm in panic mode and not really thinking about it.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaser82
I just realized why may naturally roll out to the right. I think most of the best pass rushers situated on the right of the defense. So when I feel the pocket is breaking down I automatically start moving to my right way from the occasionally perceived 'heat'.

Madden has generally always been a "right handed" game imo. Its been that way as far back as i can remember.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I never noticed...

I couldn't tell you if Josh Johnson is left or right handed - I only know Flacco's right handed because of real life and the difference in the two isn't just throwing hand.

Is Pat White left-handed? I had him before and never noticed a difference and I will move out of the pocket on rolls or if need be. I just run away from the rush - where ever there's room
Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

I prefer using the lefties but I find I like to flip the plays so my #1 route is on the left. Just feels more comfortable that way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just found that you can see the 'handedness' when you check 'edit player'. I am surprised I didn't notice it sooner. At least it covers free agency. The annoy thing is that it is grayed out so you can't change it. Still no resolution on the draft.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaser82
I just found that you can see the 'handedness' when you check 'edit player'. I am surprised I didn't notice it sooner. At least it covers free agency. The annoy thing is that it is grayed out so you can't change it. Still no resolution on the draft.
I wish there were a way to know before you draft them...I used to love using left handed passers (I had to use Steve Young for years), and was wanting to draft a young left handed guy and see if it was still fun.

From the sounds of things (and the general lack of conversation on the actual topic...seriously, 3 pages of discussion about rolling out with a lefty?) it doesn't appear that it's possible at this stage.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

well thats the only real difference between left and right handed qb on the game lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »