Home

EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

This is a discussion on EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
The base game should be as SIM as possible... I do not agree with you that the majority want an arcade game. If that were the case what's your reasoning behind the FIFA and NHL games, or from another company, The Show? All VERY sim games, and all very successful. Unless your point was that all football gamers just want an arcade game, to which I'd have to disagree as well with all of the people calling for the 2K series... You can make any game into an arcade game... Just take all the penalties off and play on a super easy mode. It's really THAT easy to do... To make a sim game takes more effort and THAT is the reason we haven't seen it yet from EA... The "majority" case is simply the Cool-Aid that EA has been feeding everyone for years as a scapegoat for not having to make a better game over all, when the real reason isn't the "majority" but the exculsivity of their product which allows them to sit back... You can argue the fact, but ask yourself, which of their franchises has an exclusive deal? And follow it up with "Which of their franchises has least improoved over the past five year?" The answer in both of these cases are their football franchises... That is all.
+1
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 0

This "new and innovative" take on the Madden franchise is actually nothing more than Project Natal functionality. That's it. And if you think they are going to do ANY MORE than THAT you're wrong and begging to be duped once again by EA at years end. They aren't going to change the engine, the game will STILL have the same bugs it's had since 06, they will have some bells and whistles to destract you from the fact that this is the same game since 06 with some needed improvements in presentation and features, but completely neglected in A.I. and just plain football expression. Project Natal will be the BIG THING this holiday, and MS is scrambling the troops in order to get it into homes right off the bat. Imagine Madden 11, garunteed to sell millions, with a big old "Project Natal Enabled" sticker right on the front! Man, that will sell at least a few thousand Natals right out the gate. The GAME will still suck but at least it's got a cool 'new and innovative' take on how it sucks. It's about money folks, nothing more.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #211
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Pretty much, Widowlander.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #212
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

My question, is how the **** is Madden going to work on Natal? Are we going to be the quarterback and stand in the pocket and run around the living room like a chicken with it's head cut off when Romo's offensive line doesn't block for **** and I have to evade the pressure? And then what about defense? Will I have to emulate a tackle? Yeah...I see that going over real well...I'll end up either spearing the coffee table or jumping up to defend a pass and putting my fist through the ceiling. **** your Natal and it's "Innovation". I only see Natal working in an Arcade environment, not a Sim environment. If indeed Natal is the innovation, then you best believe the game is going to be more arcade than it's predecessors.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #213
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I really don't see how Natal could work with Madden. I doubt that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »