Home

Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale!

This is a discussion on Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
it would be cool to have players hold out or request trades again.

I think holdouts are a must. It is totally silly that I can sign a young kid stud for 7 yrs at 310 K and he'll be some 90+ rated young man, still making basically the league minimum - and not have to deal with him.

At some point, you'd think he'd want to get paid as his skills dictate.

Of course, why he signed such a low contract is a bit off - but having hold outs would make it less of an issue.

It's even more silly when a "veteran" with 3/4 of his skill wants some obscene amount of money to come off the street. The game needs finances redone, imo
Old 01-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking332
Also bring back restricted free agents idk why they took that out.
Yes please!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #11
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
No, because his potential is a D.

And if it was hidden - it still would be low, so his growth won't be high.

Not all players become stars. Not all players have the skills/talent/whatever to become stars. And if you can get that kind of production out of him, does it really matter? Whatever you're doing with him is having him enjoying success.

IMO, there needs to be something to keep every corner from turning into Revis, even safety from turning into Lott, every HB from turning into Sanders, etc.
Just saying ratings down the road in a franchise should be based on PRODUCTION.

Of course I don't want a rookie RB who rushed for 430 yards on 4.3 ypc to go from 67 to 82 with a 95 rating for AWR. We dealt with that enough on ps2/original xbox. What I am saying is that in the age of accuracy meaning something, it's borderline crazy that a young qb that was a 3rd rounder wouldn't see a ratings boost even if he broke tom brady's record for TDs in 3 straight seasons.

If I had Ted Ginn turn his career around, and put up andre johnson like numbers in a season, he doesn't deserve a ratings boost within the franchise? It sounds like it's ok for EA to up ratings for good play (in real life of course), but its not ok for me to turn an also-ran into an all-pro?

Can we at least boost potential then, that way it's fair...great season for a D potential player..maybe he goes up to an C or B...but maybe you can limit how high the ceiling is for him.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think if progression is gonna be stats based then have more than one progression period. Also I think potential should be tied into player roles. Which would need to be brought back. Have a different potential for different skillsets. A qb for example would have a b potential overall. And within that he would have a potential for target passer, cannon arm, scrambler, and all around passer. These would have their potential. He would have a potential in precision passer and c potential in cannon arm. And he would have higher potential to be a precision passer and would need to play into that to progress. Also this strategy would be good for developinG system players. Every football player has high potential but they all have the potential to be better in different areas. The qb would progress quicker in the accuracy ratings moreso than the throw power rating. And in order to gain ratings in the cannon arm stats, throw power, the qb would have to complete longer passes. If the qb has a bad season or half season they lose rating in which ever category of player they are. Hope this makes sense.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo_maniac
That was like one of my favorite things...pumping an unhappy elite player with money to shut them up or trading them away....bring it back EA.

Morale + Tony Bruno + Weekly training/studying/Proper Owner mode.

C'mon

I agree with everything, except Bruno. I don't miss him at all.

Morale was a great thing, however. I'd enter a preseason and under a player's name I'd read something like "I'm not very happy right now. I want more playing time".

Or, better yet, at contract time------I'd submit an offer, and the feedback from the player would be "you can't be serious"......

Last edited by Segagendude; 01-19-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I think if progression is gonna be stats based then have more than one progression period. Also I think potential should be tied into player roles. Which would need to be brought back. Have a different potential for different skillsets. A qb for example would have a b potential overall. And within that he would have a potential for target passer, cannon arm, scrambler, and all around passer. These would have their potential. He would have a potential in precision passer and c potential in cannon arm. And he would have higher potential to be a precision passer and would need to play into that to progress. Also this strategy would be good for developinG system players. Every football player has high potential but they all have the potential to be better in different areas. The qb would progress quicker in the accuracy ratings moreso than the throw power rating. And in order to gain ratings in the cannon arm stats, throw power, the qb would have to complete longer passes. If the qb has a bad season or half season they lose rating in which ever category of player they are. Hope this makes sense.

Didn't Madden used to have player tendencies for something like this? For example, if a QB was a Scrambler, then his mobility would go up more than his throwing ratings?

Anyway, this makes sense.

Of course, the problem with stats is it might make it easy for people to just play on low difficulty to get major production and then jack up his ratings super fast.

Plus, I don't think it's all that realistic. Players get better, then put up better stats - going with stats-based is doing it backwards, imo.

I think we just need a better way of improving players entirely. I think that's part of why I liked the Weekly Prep in 2K5. It was like running practice, without the actual playing it out.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Didn't Madden used to have player tendencies for something like this? For example, if a QB was a Scrambler, then his mobility would go up more than his throwing ratings?

Anyway, this makes sense.

Of course, the problem with stats is it might make it easy for people to just play on low difficulty to get major production and then jack up his ratings super fast.

Plus, I don't think it's all that realistic. Players get better, then put up better stats - going with stats-based is doing it backwards, imo.

I think we just need a better way of improving players entirely. I think that's part of why I liked the Weekly Prep in 2K5. It was like running practice, without the actual playing it out.
If they want to do that then what is the point of playing then, and if we had player morale then some of the team will be demanding trades and holding out.

The way of solving progression is to use what FIFA has and thats to have form during the year.after about 3 games some players can rise and fall.also this doesnt have to be purely based on stats because if you have an 'A' potential player that is currently rated about 65-75 and he starts to rise even without much playing time he could jump from backup to starter during the season which is just like real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
Thank you for saying that. i have the same reaction anytime some one bitches about ratings. If the guys produces who cares what his ratings are.
If I throw for 55 TDs and no picks with a C rated QB, then proceed to put him on the trade block, no one wants him. There's something wrong with that. Guys that show greater value on the field don't do anything in other respects.

We're not bitching. They're legitimate issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »