Home

2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line

This is a discussion on 2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line

And I scored...Kellen Winslow down the seam...on a post route...the cpu called a man blitz w/press coverage...and they were in a 2-4-5...only thing is K2 wasn't covered by anyone...what whould you call this...A) bad cpu a.i./logic...or B) bad cpu playcalling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line

That was just you making a good read. When you blitz, someone is gonna be left open. They planned on getting to your QB, they didnt, so they're left at a disadvantage. The thing is ppl, ppl may say that its bad CPU logic and playcalling, but teams/coahces make playcalling mistakes. They cant be perfect all the time, and if they were, we'd be complaining about that too lol

how were you in 2nd and 59 anyway?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
Lol, i'm assuming you walked away from the room and it was a result of multiple delay of game penalties? this has happened to me a few times before, and it's always hilarious.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
That was just you making a good read. When you blitz, someone is gonna be left open. They planned on getting to your QB, they didnt, so they're left at a disadvantage. The thing is ppl, ppl may say that its bad CPU logic and playcalling, but teams/coahces make playcalling mistakes. They cant be perfect all the time, and if they were, we'd be complaining about that too lol

My thing is no one was covering him from the get-go...I can understand K2 just beating his man but soon as he came off the line he was wide-open...I'm not gonna call a blitz that leaves ppl being uncovered...that's why I hate the engage eight/banzi blitz plays so much cause I believe they should be man blitzes not zone...I was 2nd and 59 becuz my daughters unpaused my game and i kept getting delay of game penalties...i didn't know it was unpaused cause i was watching t.v.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
My thing is no one was covering him from the get-go...I can understand K2 just beating his man but soon as he came off the line he was wide-open...I'm not gonna call a blitz that leaves ppl being uncovered...that's why I hate the engage eight/banzi blitz plays so much cause I believe they should be man blitzes not zone...
How times does that happen IRL? It happens alot. It's almost impossible to call a blitz and have everyone covered. It was a bad play to pick in that situation, but it can happen so its not unrealistic

Quote:
I was 2nd and 59 becuz my daughters unpaused my game and i kept getting delay of game penalties...i didn't know it was unpaused cause i was watching t.v.
Oh ok lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Bad play calling, which I guess could be the same as bad CPU logic. They call way too many blitzes with way too many guys coming and the TE is wide open immediately more often than he should be. If you have a fast TE like Winslow he won't be caught.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The a.I. almost always send a massive blitz in the situation. inside the twenty on both sides of the field the playcalling is usually pretty predictable.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Guys the deep rooted problem here is the fact that blitzing in madden does not cause disruption like it does in real life. It is a known fact that when you blitz you expose your defense to getting beat.

Most D-Coord's blitz to:

1) Rush the QB into throwing to his hot read so the D can come up and make a tackle.

2) Force errant throws

3) Sack the QB

4) Impede the QB's vision forcing him to hold the ball longer than expected which throws off the timing of the play which leads to incompletions or passes defensed

In Madden 10 if your blitz doesn't get home your going to get torched. I've always felt blitzing should force more errant throws that hit the ground and certain icons should not appear negating your ability to throw to a receiver who the QB cannot see. These two small changes would add a level of realism to blitzing in Madden IMHO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »