Home

EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

Not franchise mode..Madden ultimate Team
Old 06-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #154
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
So now that we know the main features for Madden 11(assuming) Wonder what plans EA has to keep the disc in the consoles?
3vs3 competition

We know we have we can buy:
  • Boostables (dozens?)
  • Consumables (dozens?)
  • DLC (unknown)
  • Online Pass ($10 for used gamers)
Just think, less than a year ago we had none of those things. Thank you Peter Moore. You've so improved Madden.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #155
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Will I still be able to drive a car when I'm digitized?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #156
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I just hope they dont come back like 3 or 4 months after the release of Madden 11 claiming that they have finished up some things in Franchise Mode because they actually have been working on it since Madden 10 released and then offer them for DLC.That would stink.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #157
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

"....it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said

Today,June 16,2010,is the first time I have ever seen this.I got halfway through this thread before I even realized it was first posted back in March.How could any self respecting consumer still legitimately purchase this game and put $1 dollar in Peter Moores' or EAs' pockets?

There is no way I will ever purchase ANY EA Sports title again in a way that will profit EA as long as this guy is still there.

I believe in strong principles and that you respond in kind.If people running a company are shrewd but meet their obligation with their product I can respect that and will be shrewd with my purchase but meet my obligation as a consumer.Likewise,when someone running a company comes right out and states their intention is to "take further advantage" of me with their product,I will attain their product with the intention of taking advantage of them.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #158
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
"....it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said

Today,June 16,2010,is the first time I have ever seen this.I got halfway through this thread before I even realized it was first posted back in March.How could any self respecting consumer still legitimately purchase this game and put $1 dollar in Peter Moores' or EAs' pockets?

There is no way I will ever purchase ANY EA Sports title again in a way that will profit EA as long as this guy is still there.

I believe in strong principles and that you respond in kind.If people running a company are shrewd but meet their obligation with their product I can respect that and will be shrewd with my purchase but meet my obligation as a consumer.Likewise,when someone running a company comes right out and states their intention is to "take further advantage" of me with their product,I will attain their product with the intention of taking advantage of them.
It was a poor choice of words but I think you know what he meant. He mean get the maximum profit out of the consumer by providing an extension to the product after the initial purchase. I have no issue with any company that wants to maximize their profits so long as I'm getting what I feel is a fair product in return. After all, a company that doesn't maximize profits soon finds itself in bankruptcy.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #159
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

^^^^ While I cant stand Peter Moore at all I agree with your post 100%

Cant hate em for trying to make money.Thats what built America.If you dont like it just dont purchase it.I dont think I'll be purchasing Madden 11(said that a couple years now) I'll def be getting NCAA 11 FTMFW
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #160
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It was a poor choice of words but I think you know what he meant. He mean get the maximum profit out of the consumer by providing an extension to the product after the initial purchase. I have no issue with any company that wants to maximize their profits so long as I'm getting what I feel is a fair product in return. After all, a company that doesn't maximize profits soon finds itself in bankruptcy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
^^^^ While I cant stand Peter Moore at all I agree with your post 100%

Cant hate em for trying to make money.Thats what built America.If you dont like it just dont purchase it.I dont think I'll be purchasing Madden 11(said that a couple years now) I'll def be getting NCAA 11 FTMFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
If people running a company are shrewd but meet their obligation with their product I can respect that and will be shrewd with my purchase but meet my obligation as a consumer.Likewise,when someone running a company comes right out and states their intention is to "take further advantage" of me with their product,I will attain their product with the intention of taking advantage of them.
Im all for making money and American free enterprise which my bolded statement confirms.However,when you take his "poor choice of words" and combine it with some of EAs' poor choice of actions concerning Madden 11,it seems evident it's all calculated to continue to make EA rich from an intentionally half-arsed product,at our expense,IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »