Home

What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts?

This is a discussion on What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts?

Not a fan even 5% in the generated class garbage...
  • concentrate on fixing the draft classes--the one thing that keeps so many fans coming back for more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #42
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah with both teams having the locomotion they need to work the same way regarding the draft classes. Set it so it doesn't randomize when you upload it into Madden.

Or let us edit the draft classes like NBA2K 10 does.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #43
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Some of my fun years came when I played both NCAA and Madden and I knew even in my Dynasty I had to take note who was a good player, who was winning awards and such because when it came time to import them in my madden franchise I already had some idea of who i've heard of before, and so forth...

What takes it away from me with generated draft classes is every year I have to start out random, with no knowledge of anything. So every year I'm asking who is this guy, atleast in NCAA I was awaiting that off-season because I knew my Junior QB was probably coming out and I could just envision how he could fit in on my Madden team
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #44
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Some of my fun years came when I played both NCAA and Madden and I knew even in my Dynasty I had to take note who was a good player, who was winning awards and such because when it came time to import them in my madden franchise I already had some idea of who i've heard of before, and so forth...

What takes it away from me with generated draft classes is every year I have to start out random, with no knowledge of anything. So every year I'm asking who is this guy, atleast in NCAA I was awaiting that off-season because I knew my Junior QB was probably coming out and I could just envision how he could fit in on my Madden team
This is what Ive been trying to get people to see. If they come all the way togather and make it like it is in the real NCAA and have all 120 schools with players leaving import them all into Madden each year as draft classes. By doing this we can draft whom ever we choose, So we would have to hope that player pans out and is not a bust.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 29

We didn't hear from Looman until pretty far into the development cycle last year. If there is a community day again I really hope someone can give them decent feedback for Franchise Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel short changed knowing that there are only 32 draft classes with the same players in them every time I start a franchise.

I mean for the first few franchises you run it's ok I guess, but then you begin to know the names, you've had certain guys on your roster, and know that in this new franchise I don't need to draft a QB in the first round because theres a guy I've seen in a previous franchise available in the 5th with A potential that I can underpay for the next 7 years.

Even if they left the stats the same, but had a random list of names to assign to that stats package. Eg In this franchise I draft Jelani Okoye, but in the next I draft Tom Jones, and end up with essentially the same player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »