Home

Nike cleats in 11?

This is a discussion on Nike cleats in 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #41
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Nike cleats in 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
Really? So if they cut the ART team in half and added members to the GAMEPLAY team it wouldn't have an effect?

They could fire the special cleat men, and hire someone that could make a more robust gameflow editor. Then they could cut loose the hand towel guy and hire someone to work on fatigue.

I'd say you are the uninformed one, my friend. It's about allocating resources.
LOLOLOLOL You are hilariously misinformed.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
LOLOLOLOL You are hilariously misinformed.
That could be. wouldn't be the first time. But I think EA budgets what they feel like they need to produce a game that people will buy. The "Nike cleats" folks represent a segment of the market that they cater to. I don't blame them for this at all.

I'm speaking in general terms. I know there is not a cleat guy or a hand towel guy. But there is an art director that decides what can and can't be done with the budget and time that he has.

Now, it is possible that the the Nike cleats pays for itself in the form of advertising. and in that case, it's perfect, because those dollars weren't ever going to be spent on gameplay, and might even provide the gameplay side with a larger budget.

But regardless. The kids that actually care about the shoes, sock length and hand towels distract the developers from putting as much of their resources into gameplay.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #43
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
That could be. wouldn't be the first time. But I think EA budgets what they feel like they need to produce a game that people will buy. The "Nike cleats" folks represent a segment of the market that they cater to. I don't blame them for this at all.

I'm speaking in general terms. I know there is not a cleat guy or a hand towel guy. But there is an art director that decides what can and can't be done with the budget and time that he has.

Now, it is possible that the the Nike cleats pays for itself in the form of advertising. and in that case, it's perfect, because those dollars weren't ever going to be spent on gameplay, and might even provide the gameplay side with a larger budget.

But regardless. The kids that actually care about the shoes, sock length and hand towels distract the developers from putting as much of their resources into gameplay.
I really dont like being referred to as a "kid." You're way out of line with your comments. Be disgruntled about whatever you want, but quit bad mouthing the people who care about things you dont care about.

And I question whether or not you understand what the art director and department do. It's not just player equipment and uniforms. Pretty much all of the design and user interface is done by them. Stadium design, stat overlays, transition wipes, etc. That's all "art" in Madden.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I will never understand why people want these things either.
I could care less about 3D grass, hand towels, accurate player faces, exactly correct equipment, etc etc - I would gladly have PS2 graphics if they would make the game play as smooth and give me back control of the things on the field and really get to work on franchise mode!!!!
actually the 3D grass is important. it will look like the players are actually running on the field and planting their feet rather then it looking like they are skating across the field. well, thats how it is suppose to be, who knows how it will actually turn out.

as for the cleats, i could care less about this, but thats just me....if others want it in, it should be in. if its in the game, its in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »