Home

3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better...

This is a discussion on 3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better...

So, but I get the distinct impression that you are looking forward to the drop of M11. Wrong do not tell me I am!

Hey seriously, if you have the time would you read through my blog. Looking for any feedback, the content or even the post's structure - sort of a homework assignment for college and I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't comment on that here... but I will read your blog and respond to that.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #36
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
PGaither84-

I really don't care how often it happens, just think that #1 the CPU teams' players should always max progress and min regress and that #2 if progression occurs throughout the season it should be in little increments like you said.

I guess I was equating it to "production" based arcade BS, like feeding your rookie WR in preseason or the 40 yard dash/bench press crap from early this gen. The mini-games were cool, but there was no strategy to it and the way it worked heavily favored already good teams (I play in a few "multi-user" franchises).

Now, you are telling me that, or hinting that, production does have some effect in combination with other factors but we only see it once per season. I am cool with that as well. I would be cool with the old schedule (week 5, 9, 17 whatever) so long as HUM controlled teams don't get much for progression out of a playoff/SB run and that the progression is tuned to be like it was last year over the full season (no huge 15 + OVR ratings jumps by any player over a "12 month" period. I would also like the CPU teams to always get maximum progression and only minimum regression so that gives the CPU teams a chance to be stronger.

And on all points, I am ok with different settings for different people, wether it is a slider or switch mechanism, customization is good!
Dude I love Star Wars,heard they were planning on releasing them on Blu-Ray sometime soon.

Back on topic I understand what you are saying
But why not? EA has already done that wth the roster updates have they not? I forget the ratings for the beginning of the season but Favre and C.Benson had major boosts to their ratings throughout an actual REAL season.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #37
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
No overstatement in his mind, and probably the minds of a few other around here. I would say like 30x better with his list, but he is entitled to his opinion on that!
Thats great, but the sentence doesnt have the words "for me" in it...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
Rookie

Hurricane4747's Arena

OVR: 1

As for madden, well I hate to just sound like a basher of the game because there are many things I enjoy about it, but ever since buying a PS3 back in the summer of 2007 and playing every Madden on the PS3 I can't help but wonder how with the improved technology for the new system has this game gotten worse then the maddens on PS2?? I mean every year the PS2 version of Madden is even better then the PS3, this just doesn't make sense to me and never will.

I want first to have where who you have as your coaching staff actually mean something. This hasn't really been the case in any maddens since I believe 06 when each coach on your staff had individual ratings and would actually progress or lose ratings based off team performance. If it could be done on the PS2 versions... why not now?? Something so simple could add depth to the franchise mode.

Next up is the trading of future draft picks... trades aren't a big part of the NFL except during the draft and dealing with future picks, so why is this not part of the game?? Can't tell me it can't be included, afterall dating back to Madden 2000 it was in the game.

The Draft in general needs a complete overhaul.. honestly what is going on at EA?? Do they pay attention to how the NFL draft is almost as exciting to many as the actual games during the season? Just check the TV ratings increase over the years... the Draft is an event and should be treated like it in the game.

Bring back a form of training camp like the old PS2 versions.. it was nice that I could make a player better if I had a guy I liked on my roster where I could improve his skill set and not have to just hope the computer progresses him at a certain way.

That of course leads me to progression.. there is a game within the EA company that already has the perfect way of progression grades and progressing correctly with age/performance factors... it's call NHL 10, maybe learn how to make a game from your friends over there Madden staffers.

Stats.. just make them realistic, this was a huge issue in Madden 10 and probably always will, I realize can't always be perfect, but this is seriously the only sports game I play where they can't seem to have a realistic stats.

Next.. go back to the offseason that was featured in I believe Madden 06 for the PS2 where there were 2 FA periods and an actual RFA process just as in real life. It is completely insane to me that there is no actual RFA process in Madden 10.

The issue is really as you can see why the hell can't Madden be better?? Because they scrap good features that may need to just be tweaked a little in order to put in stupid pointless features in games. Who the hell cares about Superstar mode?? It's pointless and takes away from the majority of players that play games online or offline franchises. I'd rather have EA make a seperate game for superstar mode then waste the space in Madden with it. Would seem to make sense too as I know there are people out there that play it, but really it's a minority of Madden players.

The sad part is Madden hasn't been good on the next gen systems, and unfortunately with no real competition available because of exclusive contracts no matter what bs they try feeding us every year they dont' give a crap while they collect the $ from everyone.

It is just laughable that this game gets worse from the PS2 days... how can you have a game get worse with improved systems? Just shouldn't happen.

Last and maybe one of the more important things.... the IN GAME SAVE NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK!! Guess what EA the people who play your games have a life, and sometimes it's not possible to play a 10-15 min quarter game straight through with no interuptions. Afterall to get real stats and play games you basically need to spend an hour to hour and a half per game, some of us (probably a lot of us) don't have that time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »