Home

3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better...

This is a discussion on 3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better...

Playing a Franchise game on Madden 10 can be painful, boring, and dull because of simple, small things. Hopefully there is still time to add these simple small things into the mode.

1-In Game Saves: No Excuses Period. This was in Madden 2002. Let me continue my game where I left off at. It's been time that this was added to the game.

2-Ability to change teams. Sometimes I want to take over another franchise and lead them to prominence but don't want to deal with the headache of controlling all 32 teams. Let me have this control.

3-Ability to download/edit draft classes. Ala NBA2K10. Playing with fake rookies take out some realism during that first year.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 3 Simple Things that would make the Franchise Mode 100x's better...

About #2,

I agree and you should be able to switch teams at any point, not just the offseason - I have started a couple "multi-user" franchises and then had someone hear about it and want to get in, but they can't because you can't switch between user and CPU control!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Building onto the idea for #2, it would be sweet if they had a "Create-A-Coach" feature and if you play with a Franchise for five years and you are successful but then you go 4-12 two seasons in a row, the club will fire you and you get picked up by another team and get to assemble your staff. You also must follow that team's ideaology, like if Oakland signs me, Al Davis is going to handle the draft - or if New England hires me, I would get total control of signing players.

Definately like that idea.

Edit: Or even with Al Davis, he chooses your staff! So you really do not have much controll to win with the football team.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

In games in madden 2002. You are going way back ain't you. Madden 07 ps2 had ingame saves aswell. But I do agree ingame saves need to be put back in for people who has a busy life.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
Banned

#3 - I am not sure exactly what you are getting at with this one. Do you mean the ability to rate players or edit their ratings for imported classes? Just not sure I understand.

I like importing the draft classes, well I did on last gen. M10 was first time I tried it on this gen and it was horrible, IMO. I think they did way too much lowering of "physical" ratings (SPD/AGI/ACC/JMP/STR) in order to make the incoming players OVR be in the right range. I think those should be left alone for the most part and the "position specific" ratings (PBS/PBF/JUK/SPN/CTH/CIT/MAN/ZON/PRC/etc etc) and AWR should be lowered to make the players fall into the right OVR range.

I always thought a cool feature would be in the NCAA game, at the "players leaving" screen if they allowed you to "tag" a player to ensure he was included in the draft class when you export it. I mean even if you had a 86 OVR player graduating (which means in years past he would not be in the class at all) you could force him onto the end of the draft class and maybe he would end up not being drafted and you could have a "project" rookie FA. I just always thought that would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Trading future draft picks!!!! Almost every trade includes them.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
#3 - I am not sure exactly what you are getting at with this one. Do you mean the ability to rate players or edit their ratings for imported classes? Just not sure I understand.

I like importing the draft classes, well I did on last gen. M10 was first time I tried it on this gen and it was horrible, IMO. I think they did way too much lowering of "physical" ratings (SPD/AGI/ACC/JMP/STR) in order to make the incoming players OVR be in the right range. I think those should be left alone for the most part and the "position specific" ratings (PBS/PBF/JUK/SPN/CTH/CIT/MAN/ZON/PRC/etc etc) and AWR should be lowered to make the players fall into the right OVR range.

I always thought a cool feature would be in the NCAA game, at the "players leaving" screen if they allowed you to "tag" a player to ensure he was included in the draft class when you export it. I mean even if you had a 86 OVR player graduating (which means in years past he would not be in the class at all) you could force him onto the end of the draft class and maybe he would end up not being drafted and you could have a "project" rookie FA. I just always thought that would be cool.
In NBA 2k10 you can create your own draft classes, with your own ratings and players, and many on the 2kshare are very good.

I think that all of the players that come out in NCAA should be in the draft class and be deleted from free agency at the end of the year if they are not picked up. It would not be that hard to code just add a new variable to the player class called rfa and have it True for all rookie free agents and if the get picked up change it to False. All players that have it checked after the superbowl get deleted.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Banned

^^^sounds good to me!!! Thanks for the clarification.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »