Home

ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11

This is a discussion on ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11

Apparently hosting online servers cost EA money.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #74
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Your right only the later released 80GB had straight emulation, but the fact is still they didn't remove it for the price. With so many models I get confused sometimes. The 20 didn't have wifi, some models didn't have the same amount of usb ports or mem card slots.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #75
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
In my case I rarely buy games from EA, but I have a friend who buys Madden annually. So if my friend brings Madden over to my house does he have to bring his entire Xbox 360 so we can play online?

I just think this is a little underhanded. If anything, stores like Gamestop should have to give some of their profit to the game company that developed the game. I don't think the consumer should have to spend more.

It's funny, because EA probably caught onto the fact that people purposely buy their games used, so they aren't giving EA their money. This is just another way for them to get more money, just like all the DLC in Madden 10, that should be included in the normal game. Whatever happened to the days when you unlocked cheats through gameplay (Madden Cards) and not just money?
Actually I think you and your friend wouldn't have to worry. He just has to transfer his profile to your HD whenever you come over and you should be able to access online features while he's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
My thought is a buyer would be an idiot to buy the used copy now if they want to play online. Used Madden is only about ten bucks cheaper than new anyway... so by the time it was all said and done, they may as well have gotten a new copy.
not to say all buyers are stupid but a lot of parents buy their kids these games and see $50 used instead of $60 new and don't realize right away that there is an extra $10 fee involved.. I just fear for them. I doubt GS would be liable for it since its in the manual in small print somewhere. GS will try to get one by its initial batch of used game consumers. I can see it now.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #77
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
Your right only the later released 80GB had straight emulation, but the fact is still they didn't remove it for the price. With so many models I get confused sometimes. The 20 didn't have wifi, some models didn't have the same amount of usb ports or mem card slots.
Even the 80gb had PS2 hardware, it just didn't have the EE chip anymore. And yeah, they stated it wasn't for money reasons, it was instead because there were ~60 PS3 titles available, so they didn't want people to buy a PS3 and a bunch of PS2 games, they wanted them to buy new ones for the system they were selling at a signifigant loss still.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #78
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

well, that's it for me - ea sports is officially boycotted. even though i usually buy games new, this is just ridiculous.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 8

don't see the big deal. if the game is that big of a deal to you just but new and you'll avoid the entire thing. if you buy used, you can either pay the extra 10 or wait til ea drops the price which won't be that long..

Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It was either online or online franchise, I wouldn't know... I didn't have to find out ways around it to try and stick it to the man. You had to enter a code or pay $10.
last year I posted how it was BS, but I wasn't interested in online franchise anyway....but at the same time I knew that although it didn't affect me at the time....there was a chance that down the road it might.....

I play online.....I haven't bought Madden new for god knows how long, maybe 4-5 years....but it had to do with not being satisfied with the product, and the only way I could show this was
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
...Worry about next year when it's here, and speak with your wallet.
which I agree with you...
to not give EA Tiburon my money....where as I had no problem buying other new PS3 games through out the years since launch.

so now it affects me....what will I do...
I LOVE the NFL....I'm not as strong as others...I need my NFL fix.....maybe BackBreaker can help...although I do sometimes like my arcade football with being able hotroute everyone.....but I don't like glitches....so I don't know....If I'm not satisfied with other football games...I will buy Madden used from someone or whatever, I will bring up this issue and ask for an additional discount of $10 or maybe $5..

what I do know is their business strategy has finally affected me....when will it affect others who might already be happy with the product...next year, year after that....who knows....maybe they won't care.

I will say one thing though....I might be coming off as a jaded person...even though there is a chance I will buy this game used, mainly because of how I feel about EA Tiburon (regarding Madden, looking forward to EA MMA fellas)....if I buy Madden used....and it is a DRASTIC improvement...or heck just one I feel that they are really trying to change over there......I will give my used copy to my Brother and buy a new version to support them....and suggest the same to others......heck we can have an official "Show your purchase receipt" thread.

Last edited by Afrikan; 05-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »