Home

Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

This is a discussion on Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 18
Re: Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

I will give the Game Plan-Game Flow options a chance. I mainly play off-line Franchise mode. Hopefully there will be a variety of plays. In a real game the co-ordinators call most of the plays,but on critical points in the game the Head coach has the final say. And you alway have the option to override the Game Plan-Game Flow option.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Im definitely going to try Gameplan/Gameflow in a variety of ways.I just recently started playing online ranked games and alot of people do only call a handful of plays all game.

I just hope some devs take the time to actually play an online game and see what it's like.They have numbers and stats about online play but I wonder if they have ever played a ranked game.Honestly,how could a Madden dev play a few online ranked games and not realize there are some basic NFL football fundamentals that need work.Think about we feel when something unrealistic happens repeatedly online.Now imagine a madden dev having that frustration along with the ability to fix the problem.

I really hope they play some online ranked games of Madden 10 before finalizing Madden.Experiencing that frustration first hand would be a strong motivation to finally get some basic things fixed.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm actually excited about this feature. One of my long-standing house rules was to use the "Ask Madden" feature. Once you've played Madden for a lot of years, you have to find ways to make it challenging. If I called all my own plays, I'd probably never lose (not bragging, just being realistic). So part of making the game more difficult for me was to try to run the play Madden called... even if it was a run on 3rd and 8. Basically, acting like I was getting the call from a coaching staff... which is what gameplan will do.

This new gameplan feature will replace the "Ask Madden feature AND shorten my games, which I will love. Getting through a season in half the time is very, very appealing to me. Hopefully, it is well thought out and works as designed.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
I will give it a shot to see if I like it or not.
Same here. I won't knock something until I give it a try first hand.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Same here. I won't knock something until I give it a try first hand.

I agree on trying first, but cant help but feel it just wont work right..

I just like calling my own plays..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't know why people would be hesitant to try this. I mean, it adds realism to the game. Heck, John Madden and other coaches surprisingly said that the traditional play-calling system was not realistic. I would love to focus time on developing game plans to go against different people/teams and I think it will add to the replay value. I think that if create-a-play was added along with this, it would be beyond great, but Game Plan could be great in itself, because of the depth that it should add to adjusting play calling.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Too bad we can't use different teams playbooks in gameplan.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

i dont understand how people say they want a sim style football but then say they wont use gameflow ... not saying thats neone here but if it is ... you don't make sense gameflow gives u a real true playbook .. a situational playbook ... not 100+ plays to flip thru every time ur gonna pick a play...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »