Home

Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?

This is a discussion on Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?
yes 42 76.36%
no 13 23.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I wouldn't need Madden if NFL HeadCoach was still around.
haha what he said, but yeah i definently would

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
It is not your brashness that gets to me, it is the narcissistic way I think your post come across. You say EA should make a separate game for franchise and just make Madden for H2H games, as if to suggest H2H is Madden in its' purist form. Madden is supposed to be a representation of the ENTIRE NFL not JUST the parts you, I or anybody else likes the best. If you want a separate game that focuses just on H2H gameplay, that's cool but to suggest Madden should drop everything else and become that game is unreasonably selfish, IMO. EA is going to continue adding what they see fit into Madden every year and that's cool with me. I just want a possible and hopefully small resource consuming way, to enjoy the gameplay of Madden with the team management of HC 09.

Also, to everyone that says this or that would be a better way, like adding HC features to Madden itself, I agree with most of what you guys are saying. That said, what's better is not always possible. In this case, the devs have already said they can NOT integrate everything over from HC into Madden and what they can integrate, will take an extended time period. I am not claiming this is the best solution, I am just trying to find out if it is a possible one. This is not some wishlist I am trying to give, I really want to know is there a way to make rosters transferable between these two EA games. I think it maybe possible because we can already do this, in a limited form, with transferring the NCAA Football draft classes into Madden.
I can argue that H2H is indeed Madden in it's purist form... But the competition aspect of H2H on Madden is unmatched in the football gaming genre. Always has been.

When I was 19, I played every football game on PC, Nintendo, and Genesis. Madden's appeal started with H2H play. Before Madden had NFL teams, there was H2H. Before there were NFL players, there was H2H. Before there was franchise, there was H2H. Before you could throw to all 5 eligible receivers, there was H2H. I dare say without H2H, Madden wouldn't be the giant it has become.

So yes... H2H is Madden in it's purist form. All the additional stuff has been folded in to add appeal to those who aren't as interested in H2H. IMO, it's time to give H2H the resources it deserves WHILE giving the other modes the attention they deserve.

Franchise mode is too popular to continue being an add-on. What's it been? 12-13 years? It's separate title time already. People are tired of the add-on being treated like an add-on without realizing that it will always be treated like an add-on as long as it is an add-on. Franchise has grown to the point that there's not room enough on the same disk...

Maybe if I'd said Franchise had 'graduated' it would have seemed nicer... But why disguise the fact - I don't want it on my disk anymore.

Fortunately, it doesn't matter who, where, or why... A good idea is a good idea.

Full time developers for Franchise Mode = Good idea.

Whatever they do, they better do it quickly. The exclusive deal runs out soon.

Later
Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #27
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I can argue that H2H is indeed Madden in it's purist form... But the competition aspect of H2H on Madden is unmatched in the football gaming genre. Always has been.

When I was 19, I played every football game on PC, Nintendo, and Genesis. Madden's appeal started with H2H play. Before Madden had NFL teams, there was H2H. Before there were NFL players, there was H2H. Before there was franchise, there was H2H. Before you could throw to all 5 eligible receivers, there was H2H. I dare say without H2H, Madden wouldn't be the giant it has become.

So yes... H2H is Madden in it's purist form. All the additional stuff has been folded in to add appeal to those who aren't as interested in H2H. IMO, it's time to give H2H the resources it deserves WHILE giving the other modes the attention they deserve.

Franchise mode is too popular to continue being an add-on. What's it been? 12-13 years? It's separate title time already. People are tired of the add-on being treated like an add-on without realizing that it will always be treated like an add-on as long as it is an add-on. Franchise has grown to the point that there's not room enough on the same disk...

Maybe if I'd said Franchise had 'graduated' it would have seemed nicer... But why disguise the fact - I don't want it on my disk anymore.

Fortunately, it doesn't matter who, where, or why... A good idea is a good idea.

Full time developers for Franchise Mode = Good idea.

Whatever they do, they better do it quickly. The exclusive deal runs out soon.

Later
You can argue that the sun orbits the earth too but that doesn't make it true. LOL

... Ok. I expected you to respond with something like this given your consistent "putting the cart before the horse" POV when talking about Madden in relation to the NFL. The main FACT that you seem to ignore, reject or just are not aware of is, Madden the video game has ALWAYS been based on NFL football. I try to very rarely deal in absolutes like always and everytime but in this case, always is appropriate.

John Madden himself is most well known for his involvement with the NFL. Long before the game ever became NFL licensed, the generic team names and jersey numbers were based on the NFL. The early playbooks in the game were based on the NFL. The trademark ambulance running over players on the field based on injuries that happened in the NFL. Everything from the rooter to the tooter since the early beginnings of the Madden game, has been based on the NFL.

That said, I'm pretty sure you are too far grounded in your POV to take my word for it. So instead, take John Madden's word for it; "I've been involved with this game since before the inception. I started out with Trip Hawkins years ago and it was going to be a computer game -- this was before the videogames came out, so we've been in this a long time. The idea has always been the same: that it's going to be football and there's going to be 11 guys on a team. [Original technological limitations meant early football games might only have six or seven players per side.] That took a long time to get that. It's NFL football, and whatever they do in the [real-life] game, we're going to do in the videogame, so we have to keep up with the trends.

According to John Madden, Madden in its' purist form is "WHATEVER they do in the game, we're going to in the video game..." and the NFL had more than just H2H games when the first Madden video game was made. There was franchise owners, different uniforms, commentators, network broadcasts, highlights, drafts, trades, contracts, super bowls, yearly stat leaders, awards, superstars, etc. Pretty much everything that different gamers now want Madden to improve every year. Hopefully this quote from John Madden himself will begin to alter the POV that you consistently espouse that this video game should be simulating anything other than NFL Football. Not EA's, tlc's, TNT's or even Madden's version of football but NFL Football!

So I say to you again, Madden is supposed to be a representation of the ENTIRE NFL not JUST the parts you, I or anybody else likes the best. If you want a separate game that focuses just on H2H gameplay, that's cool but to suggest Madden should drop everything else and become that game is unreasonably selfish, IMO.

Last edited by tlc12576; 12-15-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
You can argue that the sun orbits the earth too but that doesn't make it true. LOL

... Ok. I expected you to respond with something like this given your consistent "putting the cart before the horse" POV when talking about Madden in relation to the NFL. The main FACT that you seem to ignore, reject or just are not aware of is, Madden the video game has ALWAYS been based on NFL football. I try to very rarely deal in absolutes like always and everytime but in this case, always is appropriate.

John Madden himself is most well known for his involvement with the NFL. Long before the game ever became NFL licensed, the generic team names and jersey numbers were based on the NFL. The early playbooks in the game were based on the NFL. The trademark ambulance running over players on the field based on injuries that happened in the NFL. Everything from the rooter to the tooter since the early beginnings of the Madden game, has been based on the NFL.

That said, I'm pretty sure you are too far grounded in your POV to take my word for it. So instead, take John Madden's word for it; "I've been involved with this game since before the inception. I started out with Trip Hawkins years ago and it was going to be a computer game -- this was before the videogames came out, so we've been in this a long time. The idea has always been the same: that it's going to be football and there's going to be 11 guys on a team. [Original technological limitations meant early football games might only have six or seven players per side.] That took a long time to get that. It's NFL football, and whatever they do in the [real-life] game, we're going to do in the videogame, so we have to keep up with the trends.

According to John Madden, Madden in its' purist form is "WHATEVER they do in the game, we're going to in the video game..." and the NFL had more than just H2H games when the first Madden video game was made. There was franchise owners, different uniforms, commentators, network broadcasts, highlights, drafts, trades, contracts, super bowls, yearly stat leaders, awards, superstars, etc. Pretty much everything that different gamers now want Madden to improve every year. Hopefully this quote from John Madden himself will begin to alter the POV that you consistently espouse that this video game should be simulating anything other than NFL Football. Not EA's, tlc's, TNT's or even Madden's version of football but NFL Football!

So I say to you again, Madden is supposed to be a representation of the ENTIRE NFL not JUST the parts you, I or anybody else likes the best. If you want a separate game that focuses just on H2H gameplay, that's cool but to suggest Madden should drop everything else and become that game is unreasonably selfish, IMO.
I'm not sure what all that means. But we could use your argument to prove that the game started with the intention of modeling NFL play for an H2H audience. I could also argue that the NFL is stocked with players who play H2H x22.

But I won't bother making that point because it's not that important. You're yelling it doesn't fit, while I yell it's too big. In the end, it doesn't make a difference why we agree. The simple fact is WE AGREE. Franchise isn't getting the attention it deserves. H2H isn't getting the attention it deserves. Regardless of which we prefer or how strongly we prefer it.

There should be two games... Two fully developed games.

Later
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #29
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm not sure what all that means. But we could use your argument to prove that the game started with the intention of modeling NFL play for an H2H audience. I could also argue that the NFL is stocked with players who play H2H x22.

But I won't bother making that point because it's not that important. You're yelling it doesn't fit, while I yell it's too big. In the end, it doesn't make a difference why we agree. The simple fact is WE AGREE. Franchise isn't getting the attention it deserves. H2H isn't getting the attention it deserves. Regardless of which we prefer or how strongly we prefer it.

There should be two games... Two fully developed games.

Later
No, what that proves is Madden was intended to be a game that simulated ALL aspects of the NFL not just H2H gameplay. You suggested that Madden should just focus on H2H and that was Madden in its' purist form.

I said, it's cool if you want a another, separate game that focuses on H2H but saying Madden should be THAT game, is unreasonably selfish. Madden shouldn't focus on improving to any one certain area, it should attempt to improve simulating ALL aspects of the NFL, like John Madden intended.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #30
Rookie

I voted yes. Ill take anything @ this point.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

In a heartbeat. Ive been saying this for years. I know some dont, but ive got the money for two games. I havent played madden longer then a month since next gen because the franchise mode is soooo pathetic, and when i got head coach i played it like crack, but i did sorely miss playing the games, especially since headcoach was such a dissapointing buggy mess with its gameplay.

To up the ante, they should release HC mode as DLC and drop the price a bit. That way, people wont complain as much and they wont have to waste money on distribution, marketing etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #32
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
In a heartbeat. Ive been saying this for years. I know some dont, but ive got the money for two games. I havent played madden longer then a month since next gen because the franchise mode is soooo pathetic, and when i got head coach i played it like crack, but i did sorely miss playing the games, especially since headcoach was such a dissapointing buggy mess with its gameplay.

To up the ante, they should release HC mode as DLC and drop the price a bit. That way, people wont complain as much and they wont have to waste money on distribution, marketing etc.
Exactly, that is how I feel. They keep telling us how they can't add all of HC into Madden and what they can add will take years, so just package them together. I like the DLC idea too, whatever they can do to make it as simple to do as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »