Home

Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?

This is a discussion on Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?
yes 42 76.36%
no 13 23.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I would be very interested in this- I love HC's offseason. The only problem would be the total lack of features in Madden franchise that is in HC. Obviously the offseason is an easy transfer, but if I wanna play games in Madden and all my team management in HC, there's a few things that need to make it into Madden first:

-HC's injury system
-Ratings for size, intangeables, learning, etc.
-overall being based on the team's style of play (a team who values a scat back wouldn't want Brandon Jacobs so he'd be rated lower)

those are just a few off the top of my head that you would need added to Madden IN GAME- since the "off the field" stuff could hypothetically be transfered more easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Really no I wouldn't. HC was a good game but to time consuming. I wheather stick with madden. I'm sure franchise mode is going to get better in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
No. I want to play the game.
My whole point is Madden could pretty much leave it's franchise mode alone for the most part while foucusing on gameplay,online and presentation upgrades while HC just focuses on yearly team management upgrades.It would allow franchise guys to use Madden just to actually play their games and/or watch the highlight show every week but manage their franchise entirely from HC.Also allowing other guys to use HC just in the offseason or however much or little they wanted to while playing their games and spending the majority of their time using Madden.

This also leaves room for any other combination in between for stat guys and others.Imagine managing your franchise offseason in HC and then transfering it over to Madden for a spectacular pre-draft/draft presentation or a special Extra Point presentation showing all the offseason player moves teams had made.Also being able to use HC as your practice squad and IR roster while only being able to transfer up the Madden limit of players use choose to team rosters.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Buy two games in order to have one mode? No thanks.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10

I would pay an obscene amount of money for this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

I am bringing this thread back up because of the talk about HC 09 in the podcast 3. Someone with twitter or some other form of communication with the Madden devs, please ask them about this. I would gladly pay another $60 for a Head Coach game that I could use for my team management and $60 for Madden to play my actual games and watch presentation.

They could just re-release HC 09 or release a patch for it and make rosters portable from Madden, similar to NCAA Football draft classes into Madden. With the addition of being able to transport HC 09 rosters back to Madden. I'm no programmer but it seems reasonable to be able to transfer saved rosters over to Madden and back over to Head Coach, IMO. Not to "toot my own horn" but, this is a damn good idea! LOL.

I would really like to hear them discuss what the pros and cons would be from a programming stand point.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 29

I don't get this idea. If I want to make roster moves during the season I'd have to go the HC game and then transfer the file back to Madden to play that weeks game?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd just buy Head Coach.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I own Both Head Coaches and Madden 93-2011

but if i Didnt . yeah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't get this idea. If I want to make roster moves during the season I'd have to go the HC game and then transfer the file back to Madden to play that weeks game?
You do "get this idea", your post clearly describes what I'm talking about! LOL
That would be the benefit, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd just buy Head Coach.
Ok, that's cool if you just like the management side of franchise and not PLAYING the actual games. However, for those of us that want the best of both worlds NOW and not sometime in the future, this would be a quick fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »