Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii

All that weird swerving left & right Tebow was doing at the end of the run in unison with his two lead blockers looked very awkward. Looks like the technology isn't really that advanced, like the blockers are now just mirroring the ballcarriers movements robotically and not independently just knowing who would need to be blocked on their own...weird.
This shows that the players are NOT capable of any artificial thought. They are not "thinking", they are not looking for someone to block, they are just running along in lock step with Tebow. Madden is a complete illusional conjob. The devs are working hard trying to develop animations that fool us into thinking we see something that doesn't really exist, i.e. true AI.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
don't buy it
simple as that
you buy it...then its your problem
It's our problem whether we buy it or not.....
Since it's the only NFL Licensed game being developed.
No Competition, no choice. That is a problem.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 11

I gotta' ask, and I'm NOT trying to be sarcastic, WHAT were the devs doing all year?? Seriously, when I heard they weren't upgrading franshises, and devoting ALL year to presentation and gameplay, I really expected to see huge changes in the gameplay department.

Now, we get these videos, and even in a 2 minute video, there is a plethora of garbage that just looks like crap! What exactly did they supposedly "fix" and "tweak" all year long?????

And what was their head coach guy doing if not working on franchises??

Tweaks to running stats doesn't constitute a years worth of work, IMO.

Please, EA, PLEASE just give this game to a new development team next year. Enough is enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
So why should anyone spend $59.99 on a game that won't be close to what most people want for another 2 or 3 years?
Like I one of the things I said - Don't buy it. Black Sheep said it best, "The choice is YOOOUURRSSS!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
Actually no, that's EXACTLY what they told us they'd fix and not even for madden 11 in fact but madden 10.

Ian Cummings said in a promotional video that the tackling animations would not be CANNED. and that Pro-tak would add realistic physics, etc. etc.

I'm not in here complaining for my health, I hate to complain. but it is what it is. We as consumers are being mislead at this point, that in itself is a whole 'nother argument. I'd rather just stick to the game at hand. And considering how much I love the NFL buying another game isn't really an option for me...You should really try and get off your high horse.

I tried to explain i'm not trying to bash madden at all, just expressing my frustration, and this is the first year i've ever done so. So please refrain from the "go away, blah blah, etc." my opinion is just as entitled as yours.
As for you, I would need that vid because I don't recall Ian ever saying that and never have I heard a complaint about Ian saying that and it never coming to fruition. Not saying it's not out there but I remember much of what was said not only going into this Madden but into Madden 10, as well. I KNOW some things weren't produced as once was foretold but I really don't remember Ian saying canned animations were a thing of the past.

As for your high horse remark, there is nothing "high horse" about what I said, at all. I spoke specifically about complaints about things that were never said would be fixed for THIS Madden. I could see if EA SPECIFICALLY spoke on improving/fixing/removing those particular things for THIS Madden but they didn't so complaining about them, the way people have been overly doing, as if EA DID say they would be taken care of is not valid to me. I can see if people see the blocking is still completely broken and complain about that because EA said on MULTIPLE occasions that it's been completely re-wrote and fixed. That would be very valid to complain about.

Maybe I come at this with the understanding that the game's base engine/code is OLD and limited so I know they can't fix everything using this engine and I don't get all bent out of shape when I see some of the same things happening. I realized that after Madden 09, and that's why I mentioned what I did about the engine in my remarks.
Not only do I come with the understanding of the tech, I also come with the understanding that EA has been getting pounded with TONS of complaints ABOUT THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...I'm sure they are well documented on EA's side
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
i'm not reading all that! LOL, but i skimmed thru it and i'm sorry , i'm sorry my opinion means so much to you that you needed to type 3 paragraphs about how you don't like that fact that me & many others see this game still has a serious tackling issue which therefore affects a great portion of the game play. there's a lot more people that feel exact same way. we're on a Madden forum were opinions are made, i hope you get over it soon buddy.
you truly are a moron. i understand reading more than 100 words is a bit beyond your ability, so i'll try to keep this short. had you read my post, you would've noted that i care very little about your opinion. and i never said that there is anything wrong with expressing one's opinion. this is a forum for discussion. you expressed yours. i expressed mine.

obviously there are issues in the game. but there are also good things about the game. a lot of people (such as yourself) come on this forum to only gripe and complain about the game, where people such as myself, come here for positive updates and discussion about the GAME. not how different the game is from real life.

i'm not going to argue with you because reading clearly isn't your strong suit. let me sum it up at the end here so you get my point because you inevitably skipped the majority of my post: you keep whining. you keep focusing on the negative things in the game. those of us who play the game for its entertainment value will be off enjoying ourselves come august. while you sit on your mom's computer griping about how awful the game is an how fantastic 2k5 is.

and don't call me buddy.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Like I one of the things I said - Don't buy it. Black Sheep said it best, "The choice is YOOOUURRSSS!!"
It is a choice, but that's not much of a choice. EA and the Exclusive License made sure there wasn't much of a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I spoke specifically about complaints about things that were never said would be fixed for THIS Madden. I could see if EA SPECIFICALLY spoke on improving/fixing/removing those particular things for THIS Madden but they didn't so complaining about them, the way people have been overly doing, as if EA DID say they would be taken care of is not valid to me.
Old Engine has absolutely nothing to do with lack of franchise and franchise flaws. We did have EA/Tib tell us that the Head Coach guy would be working on Franchise for 11, but that obviously got put off to the side. Still, whether they said they would work on it or not, franchise is still no anywhere near what it was in last gen. They have had 6 years to put a good franchise in. There is NO excuse for that and it is a valid complaint.

Current Engine limitations have NOTHING to do with Franchise and other features. If the Engine is so broken and limited that they could not do anything with it over the last 6 years, then what have they been doing? other than removing a bunch of things that were in the game on the PC and last gen?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Current Engine limitations have NOTHING to do with Franchise and other features. If the Engine is so broken and limited that they could not do anything with it over the last 6 years, then what have they been doing? other than removing a bunch of things that were in the game on the PC and last gen?
Can you post a link with updates or lack thereof of franchise updates? I haven't heard any news about it.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
obviously there are issues in the game. but there are also good things about the game. a lot of people (such as yourself) come on this forum to only gripe and complain about the game, where people such as myself, come here for positive updates and discussion about the GAME.

you keep whining. you keep focusing on the negative things in the game. those of us who play the game for its entertainment value will be off enjoying ourselves come august.
I stripped things down and took out your snide comments.

Your happy with the game, that's great. I'm not telling you to dislike it. I'm not telling you to not buy it. If your happy with a greatly stripped down, and somewhat flawed game, then more power to you. I'm not.

I think it's a shame that the current Madden isn't even up to where NFL Video games were 6+ years ago. I want them to add back the features they took out. This game should be A LOT farther than what it is. It's really that simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »