Home

Buying or Skipping Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Buying or Skipping Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you buying Madden 11?
Heck yea I'm buying it 241 27.93%
Undecided, will wait and see some early impressions 267 30.94%
Nope, not gonna touch it this year. 355 41.14%
Voters: 863. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #57
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Buying or Skipping Madden 11?

Got NCAA this year (from my supplier new boxed with code for $3, I wouldn't have paid $60) because I traded in NCAA 10 last year for Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I still have Madden 10 and am on year 4 of franchise. I'm pretty proud of the way I've built my team so I'm content to pass on Madden 11. Not enough improvements in my opinion to start over.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #58

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm not that big of a NFL fan so I won't spend money and buy it for ps3, but i'll try it out on psp and wii.

Save money for NBA and NHL
Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've always been an NCAA guy, but since the jump to PS3/360, Madden's been better. I know NCAA stepped up big this year, but my guess is Madden will still be better. So I'm skipping NCAA (first time ever) and waiting for Madden.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with tazdevil. To me all they did last year was make it look better. And this year they are chaning how you pick plays which yes is nice but they are still ignoring the problems we have with the game. They keep fixing problems they feel need fixing not what the people who have to fork 60 dollers to buy them.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #61
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

skipping....no franchise updates killed it for me. Too many other games to get NCAA, new NHL etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

I say why pick just buy them both if you have the money. They both are football games but bring something diff to the sport. NCAA does a good job putting out that college gameday feel, conference championships, bowl games, and the heisman race. College football is just awesome and you dont have to worry about playing 16 games like madden and having a ok season and having your season end. Bowl games help you feel like you spent your time for something. However madden is great in its own way with being able to play a franchise for many many years(with ncaa draft class) and still get to use real life players. And being able to take total control of your franchise like the stadium upgrades, coaches, and the draft. They both have something to bring to football gaming. But if you had to pick i say go with what type of football you enjoy watching the most NFL or College which in my opinion helps you enjoy the game more.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm an offline franchise player. No updates to franchise mode and the gameplay "update" isn't enough to get me to buy it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #64
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

1st year ever i'm skipping Madden. The game hasn't been worth the money for a long time now. The last 4 years ive bought it, played it for 2 weeks, thought it was either bad or mediocre and either traded it in or it just sat and collected dust.

With them not touching Franchise mode that just sealed the deal. NCAA is all i need to get my football fix. EA really needs to do something impressive to make me want to buy Madden ever again. I've wasted too much money on it in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »