Home

Toughest Loss Ever!!!!

This is a discussion on Toughest Loss Ever!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: Toughest Loss Ever!!!!

And to elaborate, Okoye hadn't fumbled the ball once all season till that faitfull play of the NFC championship game. Then after the game I rage traded him to the Raiders for Niko Buchannon, Calvin Johnson, and a 2nd round pick, and he also threw in Jamarcus Russell for good measure. People really like Okoye. I ended up taking CC Beachum in the draft so I made out like a bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
We loved that game! I think we had traded for David Boston to go with Donald Driver and Terry Glenn. It was TIGHT!
Those were the days, David Boston, and Terry Glenn just both seemed to have fallen off the face of the Earth. Wonder what their doing these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrodgers012
Im playing Killa J in my online franchise
Fat chance in hell but that killa j wouldn't happen to be Killa_JJ420 would it?

Last edited by GreenReign86; 07-25-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was up 10-0 with the Jets playin the Ravens in the 4th Quarter. Mark Clayton breaks like 3 tackles and scores. It was then 10-7 3min left in the game. The ensuing kick off, Brad Smith gets CRACKED and fumbles. They run it back for a TD and I lose the game 14-10

BTW: There are a TON of fumbles in the game this year
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

OVR: 25

Hardball 5 on the PC back in the day.
I was like 13 and I played the entire 162 game season, made it to the playoffs and on to the world series game 7.
Lost on a bottom of the ninth walk off home run.
I punched the monitor in the face and it went all black.
My mom was not stoked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm sure I've had worse, but this one comes to mind.

About seventh months ago on Madden 10. I was the Redskins against the Rams in St. Louis. For some reason my offense wasn't moving the ball at all that game. I found myself down 20-6 with five minutes to go when I got the ball back from a punt and finally punched it in. I got the ball back on another punt, and was able to needle the thread for a TD pass on a fourth and goal from outside the five with under ten seconds left to tie the game 20-20.

I had momentum on my side, and I even won the coin toss in OT; my luck just kept getting better! After a touchback I choose a toss play that was really working for me all game and especially during the comeback. I don't know what happened, and I haven't really seen it again in any future games, but as soon as I snapped the ball, a defensive lineman absolutely demolishes the Olineman and intercepts the toss to run it in for the TD to give the Rams a 26-20 win.

I just sat there, sort of laughing. Everything had gone right for the past five minutes, absolutely everything. Then, a lineman the other guy wasn't even controlling just busts through the line to win the game.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzenns
I punched the monitor in the face

anyway last year i was in the super bowl (eagles vs steelers) and for the most part, i wasnt having much trouble winning games. now it was raining so my passing game was slowed. it was 10-7 me with 30 seconds left. i play prevent defense (they are on their own 40) and big ben throws a pass over the middle to limas sweed to put them in field goal range, only he goes into beast mode and destroys my whole team like a juggernaut and scores the game winning touchdown. it was such a crushing loss

Last edited by Dog; 07-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Mine was in Madden 10 and in the SuperBowl.
I posted it a while back: http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...-you-away.html
Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
So I'm playing in my (32 player) online franchise as the Saints against the Panthers in the NFC Championship game. It's a back and forth slugfest. I was down 17-14, when, immediately after the two minute warning I break off a 42 yard TD run with Jelani Okoye, who beasted all game to the tune of 24 carries for 196 yards, and 2 TD's. Then he gets the ball back, he is only able to drive it to his own 40 yard line before he stalls and turns it over on downs with 35 seconds left. Then after seemingly having the game in the bag, and him out of timeouts, I foolishly decide to run a dive play with Okoye instead of kneeing it. Then much to my horror Okoye fumbles it, nevertheless Thomas Davis scoops it up, and walks it into the EZ with hardly any time on the clock to win the game 24-21. I felt like jumping off the nearest bridge after that game.

So discuss some of your heart breaking losses. As well as, the names of some therapists you might know.
Nothing personal but... Serves you right for sleeping on the Panthers. J/K

I'd have empathy for ya otherwise.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
Rookie

MrCheese's Arena

OVR: 1

Titans vs the Packers (I'm Titans)
In the 4th, I'm down 6 points and I'm on the Packs 5 yard line. There is less then 10 seconds left on the clock. The guy I was playing was putting up a strong D most of the game, so I only had 1 TD on the board vs his 1 TD and 2 FG. It's 1st and goal and I just finished marching down from the 27 yard line all the way to his 5 yard line. Victory looks to be in my hands. First play I run a boot leg with VY. I have my TE move to the right in the direction I'm booting out. The LB for Greenbay hangs right there with him, I don't see anyone open. So I take VY and and start to run towards the EndZone. The guy I was playing highlights his MLB but he screws up and moves him the wrong way, so I have nothing in front of me but wide open Endzone!!!! So I decide to dive into the Endzone. However for no reason other then to piss me off, VY fumbles the ball while trying to dive. GB recovers... gave over I didn't play for like a week after that happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »