Home

Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11

This is a discussion on Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11

maddens gameplay speed is just way better then ncaa imo
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

I don't hate the Madden demo. But, for me, NCAA is something different, in that, I've never bought an NCAA game before. It was always Madden, as I consider myself more of an NFL fan than college.

That said, Madden's demo was alright, but, didn't really feel that much different from M10, which I love. So, for me at least, I'm skipping Madden this year, as I've already spent $$$ on NCAA and can't afford both games. Also, again, M11 doesn't feel different, so why not just update my M10 rosters and be done with it?(Which is what I did)

NCAA, though,is simply fun to play, and it really looks great with the progressive lighting and the overall graphics.

Plus, the crowds------in the demo,(And some full game vids I've seen on Youtube), they're dead. In NCAA, they're alive.

In short, NCAA makes me feel like I'm playing some football, while Madden makes me feel like I'm playing a video game.

Make sense?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

For the record, I'm more of a fan of the college game. I watch more NFL, but that's mostly because the college post season disgusts me. I prefer the college game, just as I do in basketball. It's more varied and more dynamic.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I don't hate the Madden demo.
Yeah, I don't hate the demo, though I'm not fan of GameFlow/GamePlan. It's not what gamers were asking for, and it's not a way I enjoy playing the game (learned that last year). I simply think NCAA provides the better value from a pure football / game perspective.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah, I don't hate the demo, though I'm not fan of GameFlow/GamePlan. It's not what gamers were asking for, and it's not a way I enjoy playing the game (learned that last year). I simply think NCAA provides the better value from a pure football / game perspective.
Val, I respect the hell out of your opinion, I really do, so don't take this wrong... that is not a valid argument. Gamers weren't asking for it because the group that would doesn't do a lot of asking. Sometimes you see a problem and you devise a solution, throw it at the wall, and see if it sticks.

I'll be honest; I've seen more positive opinions on it than negative. You have every right to dislike it and even resent the time spent on it, but you're in the minority on this one. Don't use the crowd for cover. More people like it than don't, so even if they weren't asking for it, a majority of them are glad they have it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Val, I respect the hell out of your opinion, I really do, so don't take this wrong... that is not a valid argument. Gamers weren't asking for it because the group that would doesn't do a lot of asking. Sometimes you see a problem and you devise a solution, throw it at the wall, and see if it sticks.

I'll be honest; I've seen more positive opinions on it than negative. You have every right to dislike it and even resent the time spent on it, but you're in the minority on this one. Don't use the crowd for cover. More people like it than don't, so even if they weren't asking for it, a majority of them are glad they have it.
No worries, opinions are opinions, we all have 'em. I've said many times that my view is slanted on GameFlow because of having to play in Beginner mode in offline to get a challenge in Madden 10 and GameFlow is basically the same thing. Not quite sure I understand your crowd reference though.

How do you know most people like it? Because EA says they do? Or by the number they post saying people are using it in the demo?

By the way, what problem do you think they were seeing?

Last edited by Valdarez; 08-01-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

For what its worth; I dislike both games and I agree that there isnt much of a difference to call one game "great" and the other "garbage" altho Franchise, presentation and OL logic (as mention by the OP) may justify the reasoning...
Old 07-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

have to agree even though i havent played the full game madden yet but so far NCAA kills madden this year and i havent played a NCAA game in years

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »