Home

This Year Feels Weird

This is a discussion on This Year Feels Weird within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: This Year Feels Weird

i have been a die hard madden fan since probably and have been to every midnight opening in years.....From what i am reading from some peoples impressions it is a must have...i did not play the demo either.....i was actually scared to see what it was all about.....some said it was bad, others said it was good....i'm still debating to go get the game tonight, or hold off and rent it first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #66
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Since 1993 I have always been more hyped and enjoyed NCAA more than Madden. I am loving NCAA 11 right now and I think it's the best ever in the series, but after playing the demo for Madden 11 I am looking forward to it more than ever before. In fact, this is the first Madden EVER that I have pre ordered. If the retail version of Madden 11 turns out to be a slightly more polished version of the demo (and it probably will be), for the first time ever I might enjoy Madden more than NCAA.

I am already calling this year the best year in video gaming football that I have ever experienced. I can't recall a year where both Madden and NCAA were this good.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #67
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

I think it was the fact that the Franchise modes were basically shunned this year that turned me off of the game. Everything I saw just made me feel like this was nearly the same as last years game, just with some new controls and other updates.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
I think it was the fact that the Franchise modes were basically shunned this year that turned me off of the game. Everything I saw just made me feel like this was nearly the same as last years game, just with some new controls and other updates.
Bingo... I totally agree.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #69
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
contrary to popular belief, madden will never be "terrible"
06-08 were terrible. However, there were some recent maddens that were not terrible, but very umm underwhelming. I'm actually onboard for this years madden though.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks Rashad. I've always considered your opinion a good one. The impressions from Odogg, Footballforever, PGaither, Flightwhite and yourself is the impressions that I value. People that have been here long enough to know the ins and outs of Madden.

16 more hours and ticking.
No problem man. You'll have the game in your hands soon enough!!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Maybe it's just me getting older or the game being poor lately, but I haven't had much interest. Used to be the guy who'd call every store within 2 hours to find a copy early. I remember driving 2 hours to pick up a copy of Madden 2002 years ago.
I agree completely. I've had the game everyday for 20+ years (had the first one for PC), and this year I just refuse to go out and get it on the first day. NCAA is a really good play this year, and the demo for Madden was just bleh. I'm just tired of the dev's feeding us BS. Either make a good game that appeals to all, or just be honest and say you're going for the casual gamer. Their main "gimmick" this year was to take more control away from the player...BTW I loved Madden last year, was my favorite of the last gen and I'm not a 2K5 fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #72
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

You know the demo was ok...I re-bought M10 to hold me over and I was like "I'm not paying $60 for an update"...then I woke up re-excited lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »