Home

Imported NCAA Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Imported NCAA Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #73
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Imported NCAA Draft Classes

Umm... yeah... that kinda gave away who all the people were in my post I guess...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #74
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

I understand you guys are happy with the results but the changing speed, agility, etc. is still a HUGE problem. Guys like Noel Devine or Jeff Demps completely lose their value when Madden randomly assigns them values based on draft position. Mods, I will try to state this as constructively as possible and please let me know if I go overboard and I will certainly delete it, but this just really ticks me off. This is an easy problem to fix and I have been saying the same thing the last few seasons.

This could have been fixed VERY easily by doing one of two things with the first probably being the simplest to incorporate: 1. All the Madden devs need to do is allow us to edit ratings in our franchise like NBA 2k allows you to do. This would solve the problem of people complaining about individual ratings because you could then just edit the ratings as you see fit. Or 2. Leave the NCAA ratings alone except for awareness and randomly assign potential attributes. When importing, leave the speed and everything alone so the NCAA roster editors can create rosters and draft classes that will import into Madden with the type of ratings they should have in Madden, but then lower the awareness. This would be much more like real life as guys like Devine or Locker don't magically lose speed when they go to the NFL, but they don't have the awareness and understanding of the pro game that a veteran has. Also making the potential random would help keep things realistic because you might know a guy is going to have skills, but you won't know what his ceiling is.

Honestly, it just seems like a lack of giving a crap to me by the devs. I understand they are supposedly working on dynasty to totally remake it for next year, and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with, and why I will not be buying the game, is for them to continue having the same problem they have had for all of next-gen Maddens. I am not a video game developer but other franchises don't seem to have a problem improving the gameplay as well as fixing franchise problems. Hell, NBA 2k came up with about the most inventive idea of any franchise to please the fans by allowing you to create your own draft classes. The Madden team could easily do this, but honestly I think they know they can get away with it, people will still buy the game, and it gives them something "new" to advertise next year when they finally improve the franchise mode. That is IF it actually does get improved...

Last edited by TheGame8544; 08-10-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #75
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
Umm... yeah... that kinda gave away who all the people were in my post I guess...
I played my dynasty. It wasn't simmed. In the past, when I import classes, they differ from the ones you don't play. I control LSU in NCAA, and it seems there are more LSU players in the draft than when I just sim to get draft classes.

Besides, in your original post, Devine had low ratings, but in my imports they are high.

How high of a rating was Patrick Peterson in your draft class? What about Lavar Edwards? You can PM to me, or post them here with spoiler tags. Just curious if we got the same thing, since I actually play as LSU in NCAA.

Last edited by CajunPunk; 08-10-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #76
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

His ratings were high. He was a 79 overall, his speed was just a 91... which I thought was pretty low for Devine.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #77
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
His ratings were high. He was a 79 overall, his speed was just a 91... which I thought was pretty low for Devine.
See? I got different ratings for my classes. Peterson came in as a
Spoiler
and a
Spoiler
draft pick.

I think it'll be slightly different for all of us. I wonder if there is a randomization that takes place between imports.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #78
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barnacle
The speed dropping of players is the most annoying thing with any sports Dynasty/Franchise in any game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
the changing speed, agility, etc. is still a HUGE problem. Guys like Noel Devine or Jeff Demps completely lose their value when Madden randomly assigns them values based on draft position. Mods, I will try to state this as constructively as possible and please let me know if I go overboard and I will certainly delete it, but this just really ticks me off. This is an easy problem to fix and I have been saying the same thing the last few seasons.

This could have been fixed VERY easily by doing one of two things with the first probably being the simplest to incorporate: 1. All the Madden devs need to do is allow us to edit ratings in our franchise like NBA 2k allows you to do. This would solve the problem of people complaining about individual ratings because you could then just edit the ratings as you see fit. Or 2. Leave the NCAA ratings alone except for awareness and randomly assign potential attributes. When importing, leave the speed and everything alone so the NCAA roster editors can create rosters and draft classes that will import into Madden with the type of ratings they should have in Madden, but then lower the awareness. This would be much more like real life as guys like Devine or Locker don't magically lose speed when they go to the NFL, but they don't have the awareness and understanding of the pro game that a veteran has.

What I can't deal with, and why I will not be buying the game, is for them to continue having the same problem they have had for all of next-gen Maddens.
I couldn't agree more. I quit buying Madden three years ago because Madden randomizes the attributes of the imported draft classes. The horrible gameplay also factored into the decision, but if I couldn't even have accurate attributes for players then there was no reason left to play the game.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #79
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

Oh yeah, I think there will be randomization between them all. I just didn't want to give away any gems or busts
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

I wish EA would spend less time trying to randomize so many attributes for imported players. Randomize their potential. You watch someone play football, measure the 40 times etc. and you get a pretty good idea of what kind of football player they are in the present. However, you can only guess about the future.

I would prefer they leave the measurable alone. Devine is fast in college. Devine will be fast in the pros. A 4.34 40-time in college is the same as 4.34 40-time, (not speaking about Devine literally), in the pros. Certain things may take a hit, like overall awareness. However they decide to alter things like overall awareness should be uniform and based on the original rating in NCAA no more random numbers. And though I'm okay with altering things of that nature I feel physical attributes, their ratings should stay the same. Randomize the potentials. This should make for a more interesting game in my opinion. For example:

If you draft a stud linebacker out of your Miami Hurricanes NCAA Football offline dynasty in the first round with a 81 overall and 88 speed, 81 strength etc, yet his potential is 82, all is not lost. Yeah, he may only go up one more overall point but he still is a pretty solid player. More importantly, you got what you EXPECTED from that stud linebacker as a rookie. His future is something all together different. A lot of us would consider this a bust.

Later you draft the 6' 2" speed receiver out of Clemson you like simply because you know he ran a 4.29 and had 98 speed in college in round 4 and he comes in at a 65 overall but his speed and potential is 98, you got your gem. It may take him longer to develop, depending on playing time, system etc. but you still got what you expected and you also got so much more.

The draft roster grades should reflect the present but weigh the potential. This would make the scout position more valuable and more closely reflect their input in a real draft war-room. This is the type of draft I hope we'll be making in Madden soon enough.

The above idea for being able to edit the draft classes would solve a lot of heartache. It also could save the EA developers from trying to tackle something that simply may just be much more difficult than the rest of us seem to understand. They could just let the people that love the game get things correct.

Last edited by pabryant; 08-11-2010 at 01:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »