Home

Imported NCAA Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Imported NCAA Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Imported NCAA Draft Classes

Thanks SilverchaosVII

could you check to see how the speed translates? Like RB and WR & DB.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #50
Rookie

This is very unsettling. They need to patch this ASAP. One of the most fun things to do in franchise is name the NCAA rosters and import draft classes, but what's the point if none of the QBs are any good, and none of the HBs are fast at all? Where is Chris Johnson coming out of the draft? I understand that if you DON'T use the NCAA rosters, then you can get some fast guys (Ozzie Jones in M10 was a beast), so why should the NCAA rosters be any different?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #51
Rookie

Exactly, I agree a patch or tuning if applicable would definitely be in order. I want to take the guys I have recruited in NCAA to the pros. I hope they can do something about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #52
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
The change in ratings thing def does suck :/ People don't hold true to their actual player types.

A little bit of good news though...

I simulated 3 seasons.

In the initial draft one quarterback came in above a 70 overall. He was a 75, and drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. He took the starting quarterback position from Kevin Kolb. Now three seasons later, he is an 89 overall and quickly becoming one of the top quarterbacks in the league. His awareness is up to an 80 from 67. 13 points in 3 seasons.

The second highest in the class is now up to a 76 overall. He has not started any games though, since he is a Raven. Stuck behind Flacco. His awareness rating is still at a pitiful 50.

The third highest is a 73 overall. Again, only a 54 awareness rating though. BUT, he has also been a backup all three seasons.

Two more of the quarterbacks are 68 overalls, both backups with awareness ratings in the 50s.

Those are the 5 still in the league after 3 seasons.... (Jake Locker is not one of them, but you know what, busts do happen in the NFL)

So there you have it. If the player gets a starting role like that of the Eagles quarterback, it appears that they will progress fine and eventually make it to the top of the charts. If they are backups, they will progress mildly.

Overall, this has taken away some of my worries.

I'm now going to go back and create all 4 draft classes, the original rosters in NCAA. I will then simulate 8 seasons in Madden and see how things go. This will take some time, but I will report back later tonight with my findings.
I will say so far that sounds like awesome information, speed however should not be affected by where they are in the draft.

I will ask please don't put players names in the post, it kind of ruins it for people like me who like to build through the draft. I am anxiously waiting for your results.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrodog
I will ask please don't put players names in the post, it kind of ruins it for people like me who like to build through the draft. I am anxiously waiting for your results.

It shouldn't matter at all about players names. Results vary every time you upload the draft file
Old 08-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #54
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barnacle
It shouldn't matter at all about players names. Results vary every time you upload the draft file
For the Auto Generated Classes it does matter. There are players that have high potential in later rounds. Some prefer to not know and to actually scout for the Gems...

I haven't read through the entire thread. But it seems as if the classes are a bit better than last year, but still come out subpar. I did a LOT of testing with this last year.

Like last year, Height/weight matter and Stats, these seem to still be the factors to determine how attributes transfer (whether they drop or maintain Thr Pwr, Spd, etc.) Still testing this year, but its kinda a puzzle. Even with my best classes I've had to mix in Auto Gen classes to keep balance, because maybe 3/4 the players in Ncaa classes will drop significant ratings (At best).

Ima be testing throughout the next few days and will also provide some input to help out--thats if i don't forget--but doesn't look to be too different than before...

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Last edited by Pacman83; 08-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7

Madden blew it again. I am glad I waited. Now I don't have to waste money on this game. This was the only thing I wanted Madden to seriously correct and they didn't do it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #56
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
Madden blew it again. I am glad I waited. Now I don't have to waste money on this game. This was the only thing I wanted Madden to seriously correct and they didn't do it again.
I don't think they blew it yet. I'm holding on for hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »